Thermaltake Volcano 7 vs AMD Stock cooler

Old September 11th 03, 05:49 AM
Big Red

Default Thermaltake Volcano 7 vs AMD Stock cooler

I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)
I just bought a Barton XP2500+ that will go into a Asus A7N8X.
Will I get better cooling out of my Volcano 7 or the stock AVC 112C86
that came with the retail 2500+ cpu.

I do plan to overclock this cpu - once I get some better ram. I also plan
to increase the cooling within the case.

Thanks in advance ...

Old September 11th 03, 09:29 AM
Michael.Carlsson

I have a A7v8x with a Xp2500 and vulkano 7+ and at low speed internet surf
the temp is 43 deg celsius
And game like nfs 2 hp 50 deg celsius
Middle speed gaming 42 deg celsius
High speed sound to much.
Did not test the one that was with cpu but it looks small and the surface
was ruff.
With the Artic cupper silent (max xp2800+) game 58+ deg celsius
mc@sweden.

"Big Red" skrev i meddelandet
I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)

Old September 11th 03, 09:35 AM
Michael.Carlsson

Sorry did not mentioned that the cpu is @ def speed
Experiment with 2 gig speed and the temp rised 2 deg celsius

mc @sweden

"Big Red" skrev i meddelandet
I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)

Old September 11th 03, 11:40 AM
AJ

I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)
I just bought a Barton XP2500+ that will go into a Asus A7N8X.
Will I get better cooling out of my Volcano 7 or the stock AVC 112C86
that came with the retail 2500+ cpu.

I do plan to overclock this cpu - once I get some better ram. I also plan
to increase the cooling within the case.

Thanks in advance ...

I run the 2500+ @ 3200+ using a Volcano 11+ the temp has never gone
above 44C. With the retail HSF high 50'sC is common with no load.
------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco
Old September 11th 03, 03:21 PM
Todd Clayton

Big Red wrote:

I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)
I just bought a Barton XP2500+ that will go into a Asus A7N8X.
Will I get better cooling out of my Volcano 7 or the stock AVC 112C86
that came with the retail 2500+ cpu.

The Volcano 7+ is a nifty little "starter" HS/F for the Athlon. I had
one on my 1700+ and it kept it nice and cool even when overclocking. I'm
currently using a Volcano 9 on my overclocked 2400+ and it keeps it nice
and cool. Actually, only difference between the 7 and the 9 is the fan.

Next upgrade cycle I'll probably pick up the Volcano 11, or whatever is
out then.

--
+---------------------------------+--------------------------------+
| Todd Clayton aka DJ Todd | Real Synthetic Audio |

Old September 12th 03, 02:49 PM
Aussie

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2.0
AMD 2500+ @ 2.3 GHz
2x256 A-Data DDR Dual Channel
Volcano 11+ (full speed) room...23*C sys..32*C cpu...42*C (under load)
PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro overclocked core...525 mem...399 zalman
,ramsinks,with extra side fan
3D Mark 2003 4688 (Dont give a **** )

Do yourself a favour...GET ONE...U wont be sorry..........

"Big Red" wrote in message
I am currently running an old Athlon Tbird 1.4 Ghz on an Asus A7V333.
From what I understand this is an awfully hot cpu.( 50-55 C under load)

Old September 12th 03, 02:53 PM
AJ

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2.0
AMD 2500+ @ 2.3 GHz
2x256 A-Data DDR Dual Channel
Volcano 11+ (full speed) room...23*C sys..32*C cpu...42*C (under load)
PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro overclocked core...525 mem...399 zalman
,ramsinks,with extra side fan
3D Mark 2003 4688 (Dont give a **** )

Do yourself a favour...GET ONE...U wont be sorry..........

Sure, and after removing the Tt grill mine no longer sounds like a
dust buster.
------------
Old September 12th 03, 06:22 PM
Bugman

"AJ" wrote in message =
=20
=20
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2.0
AMD 2500+ @ 2.3 GHz
2x256 A-Data DDR Dual Channel
Volcano 11+ (full speed) room...23*C sys..32*C cpu...42*C (under =

load)
PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro overclocked core...525 mem...399 zalman
,ramsinks,with extra side fan
3D Mark 2003 4688 (Dont give a **** )

Do yourself a favour...GET ONE...U wont be sorry..........

Sure, and after removing the Tt grill mine no longer sounds like a
dust buster.
------------
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

Has anyone used the Thermaltake SILENT BOOST Highest Performance Cooler? =
http://www.thermaltake.com/products/...ilentBoost.htm
It looks like a good one.
Old September 13th 03, 01:18 AM
neopolaris

"Bugman" wrote in message

"AJ" wrote in message

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe v2.0
AMD 2500+ @ 2.3 GHz
2x256 A-Data DDR Dual Channel
Volcano 11+ (full speed) room...23*C sys..32*C cpu...42*C (under

load)
PowerColor Radeon 9600Pro overclocked core...525 mem...399 zalman
,ramsinks,with extra side fan
3D Mark 2003 4688 (Dont give a **** )

Do yourself a favour...GET ONE...U wont be sorry..........

Sure, and after removing the Tt grill mine no longer sounds like a
dust buster.
When your PC gives a little they give a lot.
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco

Has anyone used the Thermaltake SILENT BOOST Highest Performance Cooler?
http://www.thermaltake.com/products/...ilentBoost.htm
It looks like a good one.

Long thread considering NO ONE gave him an answer. He said Volcano 7. Not
7+, not 11, not 15.......people PEOPLE!!! lol

I'm kidding of course.