Trying to install Nero 7 on Dimension 8400

Old September 4th 06, 02:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Martin Walker

Default Trying to install Nero 7 on Dimension 8400

I am trying to install Nero 7 Ultra Edition Enhanced on my Dimension 8400,
but the installer stops before the files get copied from the DVD with a
message that the installer was interrupted. I have tried unchecking
everything I can in msconfig startup and services. Tried diagnostic startup
in msconfig. Tried safe mode (installer won't run in safe mode). Tried
installing it from both optical drives ( one DVD/CD ROM, the other DVD/CD
burner). There's plenty of hard disk space available. No virus, spyware, or
adware are found on the computer. Ran CCleaner. I can succesfully install
the downloaded demo version but when I change the serial number to the one
that came with the retail version it tries to do an update and stops at the
point where it is "checking engine". I uninstalled all the Sonic software
that came on this computer and tried it all again. Same results. I have
WinXP Home SP2 with all updates, 1G ram, and about 100G free hard disk space
on this computer. The retail version installs and runs fine on my Inspiron
B130 but I want it on my desktop. Any suggestions?

Martin

Old September 4th 06, 07:33 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
[email protected]

Martin Walker wrote:
[...]

Definitely something you already have installed is conflicting with the
Ahead Nero installation. Usually occurs when the install program tries
to write to the registry.

I have the same with AVG Free...............installs perfectly on my
Inspiron 9300, on my Dimension 8400 I get an error message "your
installation of AVG Free is damaged. Please re-install".

Old September 4th 06, 09:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Kevin

"Martin Walker" wrote in message
[...]

Uninstall the demo version before trying the installation of Nero 7 Ultra
Edition.

Old September 5th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Martin Walker

"Kevin" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks. Tried that and also ran Nero's registry cleaner tools. Still no
luck.