RAID 1 and swapping drives to other similar servers.

Old July 18th 05, 08:41 PM

Default RAID 1 and swapping drives to other similar servers.

I have about 6 IBM x366 series servers. Every server has (2) 72.8 GB
drives in a RAID 1 config. I would like to take one mirrored drive from
the 1st server as a "clone" for starting the next server so I don't
have to setup my OS and other settings. Do I configure a RAID 1 on the
next server with 2 blank drives then swap a configured drive from the
1st server in place of a blank one, then put the blank one in my 1st
server to begin the rebuild process? I'm just trying to find the best
solution.

Thanks,
Brian