What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

Old July 22nd 03, 06:07 PM
Asfand Yar Qazi

Default What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

--

http://www.it-is-truth.org/

Old July 22nd 03, 07:24 PM
Dom Robinson

In article ,
says...
As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

What is it, first?
--

Dom Robinson Gamertag: DVDfever dom at dvdfever dot co dot uk
/*
Old July 22nd 03, 09:32 PM
Paul H

as fas as I'm aware it's what all the major retailers do now - saves them
having the working capital tied up in stock.
That's what the secondary warehouse usually represents and my experience is
that it always turns up next day and the paperwork never makes it obvious it
was sent from a distributor; a real result for the customer in my opinion.

Old July 23rd 03, 12:28 AM
TMack

"Asfand Yar Qazi" wrote in message
As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

It is safe as long as you wear a condom

Old July 23rd 03, 12:29 AM
Jaime

As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

Is that where the delivery guy pushes the parcel out of the van as he goes
past your house at 50mph? If so I can't really see how thats any different
to a normal delivery.

I think its a great ideal as long as the supplier uses loads and loads of
bubble wrap.

)

Jaime

Old July 23rd 03, 02:05 AM
Ian Hastie

In article ,
Paul H wrote:
as fas as I'm aware it's what all the major retailers do now - saves them
having the working capital tied up in stock.
That's what the secondary warehouse usually represents and my experience is
that it always turns up next day and the paperwork never makes it obvious it
was sent from a distributor; a real result for the customer in my opinion.

As long as you don't mind having some of your details passed on to one
or more third parties.

--
Ian.

EOM
Old July 24th 03, 09:14 AM
consume247.com

" As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

not really a new idea - the likes of Bluepoint were happy to send direct
under plain cover even before the days of online retail.

we use it for less popular items on the website, suppliers are normally
happy to ship direct (just remember to factor the shipping costs)

we also use it as a means of selling, I have set-up a couple of websites for
people now, they promote the site and pay the hosting fees etc, take the
orders and payments and then forward on the customers delivery address and
their 'part' of the payment and we ship using their Logos on invoice and
address labels.

IMHO it works well in both ways, we will soon be adding a large range of
compatible laser toners to our website which we will only need to keep the
top 20% of thus saving space and working capital, but we will be able to
offer the full range, next working day and by creating 'dropshipper' sites
for a few of our trade customers we have seen a significant increase in
turnover.

Old July 24th 03, 09:52 AM
Bagpuss

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:39:08 +0100, "Eps"
wrote:

Jaime wrote:
As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

Is that where the delivery guy pushes the parcel out of the van as he
goes past your house at 50mph? If so I can't really see how thats any
different to a normal delivery.

no, they drop it out of a helicopter and aim it just so it lands on your
front door.

I'd preferr a C130 myself and HALO in the parcels. Less obtrusive that
way.
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old July 26th 03, 09:51 AM
Gaz

"Jaime" wrote in message

As subject: What does everyone make of 'dropshipping'?

Is that where the delivery guy pushes the parcel out of the van as he goes
past your house at 50mph? If so I can't really see how thats any different
to a normal delivery.

Standard Parcelforce delivery method, for an extra £5 they'll dropkick it
out instead of push.

Gaz

Old July 26th 03, 10:52 AM
JonBoy

"consume247.com" wrote in
:

[...]

With dropshipping, how do you handle customer returns (RMAs) eg
DOAs, distance selling act refunds, warranty failures?
Where does the customer return the goods?
Who decides the action to take for a return?