motherboard replacement

Old July 1st 04, 02:41 AM
miguel

Default motherboard replacement

I have a 667c model computer,motherboard is labeled 601m-24agm,with a
celeron667 MHZ processor,370 pga.370 board,memory 133u.?what type of
motherboard can I replace it with. a friend toll me that the only thing I
have to look at is the cpu 370 is this true?

Old July 1st 04, 04:07 AM
Ben Myers

Possible replacements depend on the size and form factor of the motherboard.
Open up the case and look at the board.

Gateway seems to have used 3 styles of boards with 667MHz Celerons:

NLX, which slides laterally along the bottom of the case into a slot on a
vertical riser card to which add-in cards may be inserted.
microATX, which has 4 PCI slots.
flex ATX, which is very small and has two PCI slots.

Only the microATX board offers a reasonable prospect of board replacement, and
to go to a Pentium 4, you'll also need a Pentium 4-capable power supply.

For the other two types, the best hope is a processor upgrade, maybe to a faster
Pentium III, the fastest one supported by the board... Ben Myers

Old July 1st 04, 01:30 PM
Edward J. Neth

Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
for Gateway board replacements.

lkaboutcomputing.com...

Old July 1st 04, 09:55 PM
Ben Myers

.... and be prepared to pay Skyline Engineering more for a board than the entire
system is worth... Ben Myers

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:30:54 GMT, "Edward J. Neth" wrote:

Your best bet is to use another of the same board. Try www.skyline-eng.com
for Gateway board replacements.

alkaboutcomputing.com...

Old July 2nd 04, 01:20 AM
miguel

THANK YOU BEN AND EDWARD FOR THE INFO ON THE MOTHERBOARD.SINCE I LAST
POSTED MY QUESTION,I HAVE REPLACE THE ORIGINAL POWER SUPPLY FOR A NEW ATX
CASE THAT HAS THE POWER SUPPLY INCLUDED WICH IS A 400W.?CAN I USE ANY
MOTHERBOARD THAT IS A 370,MY CPU SAYS PGA 370.

Old July 2nd 04, 02:17 AM
Ben Myers

If the motherboard is an ATX or microATX form factor, it will work just fine in
another ATX case... Ben Myers

Old September 12th 04, 09:13 PM
hazelflagg

I have this motherboard. A few months late, but if you
are still looking email me with the words GATEWAY 667 in
caps in the subject.
Hardly ever read my email, unless it comes to a filtered
file.

PJC

Motherboard for P4. MS Homebuilt PC's 76 August 2nd 04 10:14 PM
Sigh - Not another Motherboard Replacement. Strange Boot issues. Anthony PDC Homebuilt PC's 1 May 26th 04 03:22 AM
what's the best motherboard for amd athlon 64 Mike Henley Homebuilt PC's 2 April 20th 04 08:33 PM
Pentium 4 2.4 temperatures Lou Pratt Homebuilt PC's 6 August 29th 03 01:17 AM
Can my Motherboard make a Router Disapear? Tintax Homebuilt PC's 13 August 25th 03 10:19 PM