Dell Printer Software Causing Problems For UPS software.

Old October 1st 09, 05:59 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Dan Paul

Default Dell Printer Software Causing Problems For UPS software.

Hey just thought I post this here so if anyone else is having problems
they know the solution.

Anyways we got a brand new printer it is the Dell 968 after installing
it our ups worldship starting having problems. 2 things happened, 1
our remote station went super slow on processing shipments were
normally it was pretty quick. and 2 it was not updating the tracking
info into our database. We connect to the database via ODBC. So
anyways we uninstalled it of the computer and the problems went away.
I didn't believe that a printer software would be able to do that so i
even did some trial and error test and sure enough it was the
problem.

Funny thing is we actually got this printer for free from ups. oh well.