theoverclockingstore shut up shop?

Old July 24th 03, 03:11 PM
Doug Ellison

Default theoverclockingstore shut up shop?

http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Doug

Old July 24th 03, 04:59 PM
EBuyerdotcon

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:11:37 +0100, "Doug Ellison"
wrote:

http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Doug

Yep, I'll agree with you there Doug, a company almost comparable with
ebuyer's high standards if ever I saw one. Neolithic customer services
mentality and terrible order processing, just like you said.

Some unhappy people who've placed orders this morning on those forums
too. Pretty bad state of affairs eh.

EBuyerdotcon "Made the wrong choice, didn't you?"
www.ebuyerdotcon.co.uk
Old July 24th 03, 05:49 PM
Steve A

"Ant C" wrote in message

"Doug Ellison" wrote in message
http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was

CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Doug

Never used them myself. Even if they were crap as you say, it's sad to

see
any company have to close down.

I totally agree. Two of my m8's who worked there are now unemployed. Now
that's sad.

Old July 24th 03, 06:40 PM
Andrew Ratcliffe

"Doug Ellison" wrote in message
http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was

CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Doug

For the record I ordered loads from these guys with no problems at all, but
I'm sure there were others that had bad experiences like with any other
company!

Hey ho, another one bites the dust!

--
Andrew

NOTE: Return E-mail address is a spam-trap and does not get read!

Old July 25th 03, 03:08 PM
For example: John Smith

"Doug Ellison" wrote in message
http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was

CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Ordered many times from them and never had one problem. Their FREE delivery
was far more reliable than those retailers that insist on using Sh*ttyLink.
I will miss them.

Old July 25th 03, 03:42 PM
CheXoiD

"Andrew Ratcliffe" wrote in message t...
"Doug Ellison" wrote in message
http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I dont wish anything bad on any of them - but the overclockingstore was

CRAP
for customer services and slow order processing so I'm not suprised

Doug

For the record I ordered loads from these guys with no problems at all, but
I'm sure there were others that had bad experiences like with any other
company!

Hey ho, another one bites the dust!

Well personally it makes me angry that a company can just 'cease
trading' with no further info at all and no contact details...

I recently ordered a 120Gb HDD which arrived and turned out to be
faulty - I sent it back for a replacement 3 days ago only to be
greeted with the 'ceased trading' message yesterday.

So now I have no HDD, no money and no way of finding out what's going
on...

Thanks OCS, thanks a lot.

P.S. No I didn't pay by credit card, yes I know I probably should
have.
Old July 25th 03, 06:32 PM
CheXoiD

"For example: John Smith" wrote in message ...
"Doug Ellison" wrote in message
http://www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk/

" The Overclocking Store Ltd. Has Ceased Trading

24/07/2003 "

I've been told that the OCS has gone into liquidation (defo) - hope I
still get my faulty HDD replaced or returned at least :-(

Poo