Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus?

Old December 23rd 05, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus? -- An article from THG

Does anyone else notice this pattern?

Every time we're having a perfectly normal conversation JAD has to come
around and open his damn mouth with a bunch a BS then that particular string
in the thread is completely screwed.

It's happened 4 times already. A perfectly normal conversation is going
back and forth then JAD happens.

This exact string in the thread is a perfect example. jaster decided to
continue with the conversation by offering up some info (which surprised me
but ok, cool) then David jumped in and gave some good input then JAD comes
along and ONCE AGAIN ****ed it all up just like he did in the very
beginning.

Get a life JAD! Learn to DEAL with your emotions on a different level!!!!

Old December 23rd 05, 06:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Bite Me would you like a transcript of your 'perfectly normal'
conversations?...Your Phallic obsessions are 'perfectly' obvious. Your a
Poser and you know it kiddy.

Old December 23rd 05, 06:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Q: Why don't desktops us mobile cpus?

heres a thought quit crossposting out of your comfort zone...

"ISOHaven" wrote in message
"will you get the **** out of here already"
Why? Bill started this new **** all on his own. I'm more then happy to
play along. How about you worry about your own loosing battles.

Old December 23rd 05, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 10:31:07 -0800, "JAD"
spewed the following drivel:

Bite Me..Your Phallic obsessions are 'perfectly' obvious. Your a
Poser and you know it kiddy.

Pedophile.

--

-nos1eep

-Scaling up the heights of folly.
-non est ponenda pluritas sine necessitate
Old December 23rd 05, 06:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

????

Care to explain your dribble? jaster crossposted his orginal post. So go
complain to him, idiot. However, let me guess, once again everyone else
"wrong doing" is on me?????

Old December 23rd 05, 07:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

I'll do it for you since you probably didn't understand (as usual) and think
I'm referring to OUR convos.

Snippets from each convo. Each of these is from a different post (in this
NG) and doesn't contain the entire post:

ISOHaven wrote:
"I bought this case early on from a magazine company which got it before it
was released."

"Or I guess a better question would be, "what's up with this new SATA power
connector"?"

"Like I said, ALL temps where hotter. That would include the CPU, system,
the ambient inside case temp, HDD temps and exhaust temp."

"When it comes to DirectX the X800XL will prove better through benchmarking.
Like kony said, for gaming you are better off comparing the X800XL with
other gaming cards."

"What would be hilarious is wiring the flush handle to a serial port and
writing a driver to empty the recycle bin every time the toilet is flushed."

"I would guess that Quake 3 has a configuration file(s) that might still
think you have an ATI or ATI like features. Either try blowing out that
configuration or try uninstalling Quake 3 and reinstalling it."

"I've used a few KVMs with "TFT" monitors and have never had a problem. We
used to use Belkin then we switched to Compaq KVMs."

"Buying a mobile cpu versus a cheap P4 is not going to change your bank
account very much and it's NOT going to change your electric bill either.
If you are doing this just because "you want to" then your first answer by
Paul was the end of this convo."

"Same deal as the other two guys"
Use Raid 0
Get as powerful of a CPU as you can afford
If you want to play newer games then you will need to beef up that video
card."

"What the heck does using a mobile CPU versus a cheap P4 have to do with
disposal?" ----which you never answered "logicly".

"I'm glad uninstalling and reinstalling worked for ya!
So the game just exits back to the desktop? You are SURE nothing else got
installed since it worked last? It looks like it's shutting down right as
it loads everything:"

"Either way your CPU load is because Photoshop can't access very much memory
from your 32-bit OS. So moving to a 64-bit OS will help a lot. But only if
the rest of your "scenario" can handle the move."

"Nothing odd about that res at all. It's a widescreen resolution.
All of the 19" widescreens I've purchased come with drivers that help
windows out if those resolutions aren't already supported. I've only had to
use them once."

"Wow, these HDD manufactures bounce around so much it's hard to keep up.
This one will certainly be interesting."

"Asus A8N32-SLI
I don't have a working scanner on this machine.
"What do you think of having to F6 to a floppy to install SATA drivers
during installation?"
I've always had to do that anyway."

"I've only had one SMART HD fail it's own tests and I had to return it to
the
manufacture. I don't believe there is anything an end user can do to remedy
a SMART drive that fails it's own tests."

"Since you disagree with everything I say then do you also disagree that CS2
should be run a dual processor machine? I sure hope not seeing as how it's
dual processor capable and it makes a huge difference."

"Oh I see, that was tied into the $100 comment. I'm up to speed now. I
still wonder if MS is offering the upgrade for free. I'm too lazy to look
it up."

""August"
Awe, that sucks. Oh well.
Those systems are all running x64 with specific apps. No problems
what-so-ever. No need to go back and we knew that going forward."

"As for that Adobe page the 4GB WAS AN EXAMPLE. You don't need 4GB for
photoshop to use your memory. What the heck of kind of a comment is that to
make? I have 2GB and Adobe uses ~1.3 of that. Switch to 32bit and it uses
no where near that."

"Wow dude. You REALLY need to get a clue!!!! That was ABSOLUTELY NOT from
my post. That was from "VWWall"."

"Those specs are crap anyway. You can either use DUAL
XEON.....or..........a
Pentium III...whatever."

"Interesting read. Couple of thoughts:
1. That pretty much goes inline with what kony has been saying.
2. The FUTURE will hold mobile cpu's that can be used as desktops
(hopefully) but that has nothing to do with today's mobile cpu's being used
in today's desktops....."

"I didn't pick up on that. Good call. I read it again keeping that in mind
and now it seem wishy washy. I also like all the "couldn't confirm",
"couldn't say", "they should", "well maybe"... type comments."

Ok, I'm sick of cutting and pasting. I think everyone gets the point that
you are an idiot. Good try though. Oh, and before you even bother HELL YES
ALL MY COMMENTS TO YOU ARE BAD AND INAPPROPRIATE. I had fun bring the REAL
YOU to the surface.

So as you can see, when I'm talking to people that actualy USE THIER BRAIN,
perfectly normal conversations take place. Yet when you look up a
conversation with you it's nothing but BS.

Old December 23rd 05, 08:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

ISOHaven wrote:
"will you get the **** out of here already"
Why? Bill started this new **** all on his own. I'm more then happy to
play along. How about you worry about your own loosing battles.

Leave me out of this you inbred little wasted ****.
I've come to the conclusion, after reading most of your
nonsense, that if brains were dynamite, you just wouldn't have
enough to blow your ****in' nose anyway.
Which sorta makes you unworthy of communicating with at the very
least.
So, please go have a "convo" with your dicky strokin' little
buddies. I apologize for being unfortunate and stupid enough to
have stumbled in here.
I'm gone.

--
"ACK",
Bill D.

" Now just look..... they're burning the `Porta-Potties' "
........ OPUS
Old December 23rd 05, 09:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Three things to point out he

1. Bill wrote: "Leave me out of this you inbred little wasted ****."
Leave you out? YOU STARTED THIS NEW THREAD!!!! Poor little "baby bitch"
got ****ing OWNED! Now he wants out.

2. Bill wrote: "What's with the totally unnecessary explosion of verbal
diarrhea?"
Bills total:
cock sucker
****ing psychotic
you little wasted ****
blow your ****in nose away
your dicky stroken' little buddies

Wow...I thought you where a hypocrite before. But now...Holy Crap!!!!!

3. Now for the best part....I WAS RIGHT!!!!!
ISOHaven wrote: "The saddest part is that this last paragraph will fuel your
childish ego and the flames will really get started."

Sure enough you replied just on quote just like a little ****ing wind up
toy. I bet you even reply that you never saw that post. Either way I
noticed you didn't reply to it specifically....just like the little bitch I
pegged you to be.

Old December 24th 05, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

ISOHaven wrote:
Well, that article is a bit cavalier with it's interchangeable use of
"core" and "processor."

I didn't pick up on that. Good call. I read it again keeping that in mind
and now it seem wishy washy. I also like all the "couldn't confirm",
"couldn't say", "they should", "well maybe"... type comments.

A bit of fog in the crystal ball, no doubt.

Amazing how much people can write when they don't actually know anything,
ain't it?

On the other hand, if everyone waited for surety 1mb/s could handle the
entire internet.

Old December 24th 05, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

True, True....

The only certainty to any of that was the core sizes (also referenced on
Intel's own site). Very interesting times ahead.

Tuning NF7-S and Athlon Mobile 2600+ for images and audio / low energy use [email protected] Overclocking AMD Processors 7 March 22nd 05 04:24 PM
Mobile desktops? Veritech Overclocking 2 February 7th 05 10:04 PM
Gigabyte GA-8IDML with mobile CPU? Cuzman Overclocking 1 December 8th 04 08:20 PM
AMD MObile CPUs? Krell Overclocking 3 April 12th 04 03:56 PM
Different mobile processors??? Henry Intel 7 September 16th 03 12:48 AM