DisplayPort Adapters Getting Stuck

Old January 28th 14, 12:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
W[_3_]

Default DisplayPort Adapters Getting Stuck

I have a Quadro 5000 that came with a Dell T7600. I'm having a problem
where I cannot remove the DisplayPort to HDMI adapters I am using. I have
tried at least three different varieties, and all of them consistently get
"stuck" in the DisplayPort. I'm sensing there must be a release mechanism
but I don't see one. How do you release a DisplayPort connector?

Old January 28th 14, 01:52 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

W wrote:
I have a Quadro 5000 that came with a Dell T7600. I'm having a problem
where I cannot remove the DisplayPort to HDMI adapters I am using. I have
tried at least three different varieties, and all of them consistently get
"stuck" in the DisplayPort. I'm sensing there must be a release mechanism
but I don't see one. How do you release a DisplayPort connector?

Receptacle and Plug engineering drawings.

http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/472720008_sd.pdf

http://www.molex.com/pdm_docs/sd/472710011_sd.pdf

Notice that a cable can be fitted with a latch, which
are two pins on either side of the connector. As usual,
the drawing does not show what parts of the assembly
move, rotate or pivot. I would guess, depressing
the plastic bit with the triangle on it, causes the
latch pins near the end of the cable connector, to
disengage from the matching holes on the receptacle.

You would need to examine the cable connector when
outside the video card, to see if you can get any movement
from the latch pins. So they can be moved out of the way.

Other than that, the receptacle has spring compression
points, which provide friction retention.

Paul
Old January 28th 14, 06:33 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
W[_3_]

"Paul" wrote in message
W wrote:
[...]

I think you solved the mystery. It looks like all DisplayPort cables have
some variation on this pressure sensitive lock. To release the cable you
have to find the pressure latch and push down before you pull out the cable.