USB Bluetooth

Old February 16th 12, 05:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des[_2_]

Default USB Bluetooth

Hi I bought this from a PC shop
DYNAMODE USB Micro Bluetooth Adaptor. Although on instalation it says
Generic Bluetooth Radio

I wan't to be able to take a picture on my mobile phone and send it
Bluetooth to my PC. I have been told just to plug it in. It did
install but nothing happend. I had a previouse on with XP and a mini
CD with a desktop app that allowed me to configure it, give it a name
and a destination folder for the images.

I went back to the shop and told him itdid not work. He said it is not
broadcasting. I need to go into control pannel and activate it. I
can't work this out.

I am using Windows 7/64

Any help on this please.
Old February 16th 12, 06:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Des wrote:
Hi I bought this from a PC shop
DYNAMODE USB Micro Bluetooth Adaptor. Although on instalation it says
Generic Bluetooth Radio

I wan't to be able to take a picture on my mobile phone and send it
Bluetooth to my PC. I have been told just to plug it in. It did
install but nothing happend. I had a previouse on with XP and a mini
CD with a desktop app that allowed me to configure it, give it a name
and a destination folder for the images.

I went back to the shop and told him itdid not work. He said it is not
broadcasting. I need to go into control pannel and activate it. I
can't work this out.

I am using Windows 7/64

Any help on this please.

Bluetooth needs a stack to work with. Windows has a stack built-in,
but some USB dongles will have a stack included on the CD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_stack

Bluetooth devices need to be "paired". This is an association
between the device and the computer, so that the computer
knows it "owns" the device. That's to prevent accidental
usage of adjacent Bluetooth devices.

Adding a device.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=c01927258#N78

Image of the devices within range.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA.../c01933482.jpg

HTH,
Paul
Old February 16th 12, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des[_2_]

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s&lc=en&cc=uk&...

Image of the devices within range.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA.../c01933482.jpg

HTH,
* * * Paul- Hide quoted text -

Hi I know about pairing a device as I used this previously 5 years ago
with XP.
The stack is a bit confusing as it sounds like a computer programming
thing witha stack register.

You said the stack comes on a CD. This new device has no CD software
with it. When I pluged it in it said installing and this device is
ready for use. Where would my images sent from my mobile end up on the
HDD as there is no desktop software.

I have acheived my PC on my mobiles bluetooth search. When I rey to
send an image via this I get this error on my mobile.

Connection error. Data account list full. Delete account.

What does this mean?

Old February 16th 12, 07:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Patrick[_8_]

Des wrote:
Hi I bought this from a PC shop
DYNAMODE USB Micro Bluetooth Adaptor. Although on instalation it says
Generic Bluetooth Radio

I wan't to be able to take a picture on my mobile phone and send it
Bluetooth to my PC. I have been told just to plug it in. It did
install but nothing happend. I had a previouse on with XP and a mini
CD with a desktop app that allowed me to configure it, give it a name
and a destination folder for the images.

I went back to the shop and told him itdid not work. He said it is not
broadcasting. I need to go into control pannel and activate it. I
can't work this out.

I am using Windows 7/64

Any help on this please.

I'm using XP but W7 equivalent of Control-Panel aught to have a Bluetooth
icon. On XP ControlPanelBluetooth_Devices'Options' tab there is a tick-box
'Turn discovery on' so other device (phone will see it.
Also on your phone there aught to be an Option for it to be seen (Off,
1hour, On).

Old February 16th 12, 07:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des[_2_]

On Feb 16, 6:10*pm, "Patrick" wrote:
Des wrote:
[...]

1hour, On).- Hide quoted text -

I have used your link
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...s&lc=en&cc=uk&...

I have got my PC apearing on my phone as a bluetooth device
I have using the link you provided got my mobile phone in Devices and
printers

But the Proberties say The drivers for this device are not installed
(Code 28)

My phone is an old (5 years) phone and the USB bluetooth and CD stated
bluesoil v1.6

Is this too old?

Old February 16th 12, 08:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Des wrote:
[...]

First off, I don't own a cell phone, and have no first hand experience
pairing over Bluetooth.

When you get that Code 28, you could look in Device Manager. The thing
is, these devices use protocols, and at several levels.

Even if you resolve the Code 28, it still might not do anything useful.

Some phones, the connections they make, emulate a serial port. The
software that runs against the serial port, is a form of "synchronizing"
software. It networks between the computer and phone, making copies
of a contact list or other forms of media. It runs on top of what it
thinks is a serial port. The serial port can be in the form of a Bluetooth
connection, or in the form of a wired connection via an adapter
cable that comes with the phone. All that using the wired connection
(adapter cable) would do, is avoid the "Bluetooth steps" you've done so far.

Some phones, they come with a software package, that provides synchronization
and the other features you would expect.

If the phone has some other protocol, other than a virtual serial (COM)
port, then it might use another protocol, such as MTP (media transfer
protocol).

I can't tell you from this distance, what is required to get it to work.
You need to know something about the phone itself, and whether the
phone had any separate software packages to support things like
syncing or image transfer.

There is likely more to it, than just getting the Bluetooth layer working.

In some cases, the software package is not even mentioned in the phone
documentation that comes with the phone. Googling the phone model
number, may uncover a company-provided package that does that function.

In the past, I've had trouble getting even minimal tech info about
these phones, to conclude what it might support or what it might need.
Googling the model number is your best bet. Some phone support squat
in terms of functions, and were never intended to work with a computer.
If the phone has a camera, the way to get the image off is via messaging
over the phone network. I've read of phones, where that is the only
option that works.

So it's all up to you, and your research skills.

Even if you tell us the make and model of phone, we still might not
be able to find an adequate answer.

Paul
Old February 16th 12, 09:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Des wrote:

Hi I know about pairing a device as I used this previously 5 years ago
with XP.
The stack is a bit confusing as it sounds like a computer programming
thing witha stack register.

You said the stack comes on a CD. This new device has no CD software
with it. When I pluged it in it said installing and this device is
ready for use. Where would my images sent from my mobile end up on the
HDD as there is no desktop software.

I have acheived my PC on my mobiles bluetooth search. When I rey to
send an image via this I get this error on my mobile.

Connection error. Data account list full. Delete account.

What does this mean?

The suggestion here is, that it has to do with how many pairings
over Bluetooth you've already set up.

http://www.3g.me.uk/showthread.php?t=92516

But I wasn't able to find an "official" answer, as to what that
error message means. It seemed to happen more with Sony products
than with others.

Paul
Old February 16th 12, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Patrick[_8_]

Des wrote:
On Feb 16, 5:45 pm, Paul wrote:
Des wrote:
[...]

I got my BlueTooth dongle without software, it accnowledged the device but
didn't do anything untill I eventually tried the Control_Panel where I found
a Bluetooth icon, I folowed it's Wizard, read the HelpFile etc. This sorted
everything and put a shortcut in the System_Tray, said S. T. icon affords
options to 'Recieve_File', Send_File etc.

Is USB 1.1 fast enough for Bluetooth V2.0 John D[_3_] Homebuilt PC's 2 September 16th 07 12:35 AM
Damaged Bluetooth USB connector? DanSolo General 2 December 4th 06 01:51 AM
bluetooth usb non\)Pascal General 0 May 23rd 04 09:33 AM
Cheapest USB Bluetooth dongle in UK? tHatDudeUK UK Computer Vendors 8 December 2nd 03 06:37 PM
WTD: USB Bluetooth or IR Adaptor Shaiboy_UK UK Computer Vendors 0 September 16th 03 02:54 PM