Vista 64-bit won't boot w/ 4GB RAM in Gateway GT5228

Old March 12th 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Davy

Default Vista 64-bit won't boot w/ 4GB RAM in Gateway GT5228

When you add extra ram you are adding extra load on the power supply,
as the ram gets used the load build up.. thought I'd just mention it
whether anythng is achieved by trying the bare minimum amount of ram I
don't know but's it's worth bearing in mind.

More than likely it sounds like a graphic card driver issue and seen
two or three up and down HTFC... Think there's a related mention in
News n' Stuff.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6407419.stm

... not saying the driver is the cause but there have been a couple of
so post in various sections.

Obviously to get into safe mode you are passing the bios POST so that
ain't in the equation.

Best I can do, thought I'd mention the driver issue though, hope
someone with 'hands on' experience will tell you better.

Davy