5200 TV out Question (old TV)

Old December 2nd 03, 10:50 PM
Buddee

Default 5200 TV out Question (old TV)

Hi all. I've got an old TV that I want to use an NTSC test screen for my
work. This thing is REALLY old and only has a co-axial cable input. I've
noticed that on the back of the vid card there is both an RCA video out and
an Svideo out. Can I use the RCA out to go to my VCR's video in and then
connect the regular co-ax cable from my VCR to my TV?
If the RCA out on the vid card won't do it can I go svideo out from the
card, into an svideo/rca adapter, into my VRC, and then to the TV?

Thanks!

Buddee.

---

Old December 2nd 03, 11:38 PM
Buddee

"Buddee" wrote in message
Hi all. I've got an old TV that I want to use an NTSC test screen for my
work. This thing is REALLY old and only has a co-axial cable input. I've
noticed that on the back of the vid card there is both an RCA video out

and
an Svideo out. Can I use the RCA out to go to my VCR's video in and then
connect the regular co-ax cable from my VCR to my TV?
If the RCA out on the vid card won't do it can I go svideo out from the
card, into an svideo/rca adapter, into my VRC, and then to the TV?

Thanks!

Buddee.

---

Well it works fine except that the image on the TV is too big for the screen
so when I move the mouse to the edge of the screen it pans the image. Is
there any way to correct that?

Buddee.

Old December 4th 03, 06:40 AM
Biz

Make sure you have the tv-out screen resolution set to 800x600 or 640x480.
Regular tvs are not capable of higher than 800x600 resolution. Also, your
app/game etc. needs to be set for 800x600 or 640x480 as well if it uses its
own resolution.