Old PB450M+ Help Needed

Old September 17th 03, 09:32 PM
94X5J4QVL0UBTOAROYJMB8TIQGMAIY

distortion, disparagement and drivel from elector DELETED

You are the SOLE source of misinformation, vulgarity, profanity, defamation,
and obscenity on this newsgroup. Take your threats, misinformation,
vulgarity, profanity, obscenity and defamation, and go away. Your thoughts
and deeds are not welcome here.
---------
Have you become tired of the profanity, cyberstalking, and destruction of
alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell?

was created as a sanctuary with an enforceable
code of conduct prohibiting our members to send, knowingly receive, upload,
download or use any material which is offensive, abusive, indecent,
defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of copyright, confidence,
privacy or any other rights, or to cause annoyance, inconvenience or
needless anxiety among other members. The original Packard Bell group on
Yahoogroups, we maintain the same FAQ for both alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
and
.

Old September 18th 03, 05:23 AM
Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. \*\

wish I had 98 right now, I have this pentium/166 with 2 usb ports and 95b,
95 don't want to read the usb ports, even with the usb ad on/plugin, so I
can't transfer pictures from my digital cam to my computer without usb
support.

running 95 has its advantages as well as its disadvantages, mostly its not
suseptable to most newer virous's or worms.

"Elector" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:37:22 GMT, "Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. \"*\""

had this to
say and I had to reply to it:

::
::"Elector" wrote in message
. ..
::
:: "Andrew Bywater" wrote in message
:: om...
:: Hi,
::
:: I am currently wanting to upgrade an onld PB450M+ PC and I have a
:: few
:: questions:
::
:: 1: I believe the motherboard can take upto 128Mb of RAM in 2 X 64Mb
:: (72 Pin SIMMs) but is there a limit to the type of SIMMs I can use?
:: (EDO or any timing issues)
::
:: 2: Processor Type, I curretly have a 486 SX2 50MHz (Socket 3), what
:: can I go upto? (486 DX4 100MHz? or can I use the Pentium Overdrive)
::
:: 3: Hard Disk Size Limit, what Size hard disk can I go upto. The BIOS
:: is Version 4.03
::
:: 4: The CDROM is currently connected via a sound card, though the it
:: suspiciously looks like an IDE drive, will I be able to directly
:: connect the CDROM to the Secondary IDE Port?
::
:: Thanks In Advanced.
::
:: Andrew
::
:: Hi Andrew:
::
:: #1 Could not find any memory information on this model or name. Sorry
::
:: #1 the 450 come with 4megs ram stock, it can be upgraded to 64 megs,

not
::128.
:: the 4 megs needs to be disabled before 2 x 32meg 72pin edo simms can be
::installed, this is done by jumper blocks.
::
::
:: #2 http://plpadmin.tempdomainname.com/index2.html click on Quick CPU
:: Upgrade Finder. It will load a program and give you the info you need.
::
:: #2 a DX4, no, a DX2 yes, I forget what the clock speed max is, I think

its
::72mhz, I'll have to check my books.
::
::
:: #3 the 450 is limited to 2gig HD's.(very frustraiting when you have a
::5.5gig, that you can only use 2gigs of)
::
::
:: #3 http://www.firmware.com/support/bios/p4hs20.htm
::
:: #4 The CD ROM can be split from the sound card via the placement of
:: the new CD Rom on the secondary IDE as Master Please note the system
:: will need to be a little faster and your OS will have to be Windows 98
:: or above and you will need to REM out the autoexec.bat & config.sys
:: files in order for the CD rom to function without a hitch. I always
:: rename them autoexec.old and config.old and this way I don't lose
:: track of them if I ever need them again.
::
::#4 windows 98 is too much for the 450 mother board at 50mhz it will slow

it
::way down, hes better useing windows95 ver b.
::even with a cpu upgrade
::
::
:: I hope that helped?
::
:: Elector
::
::
::

Hi Skydevil!
Thanks, for the assist. He would have enough speed with Windows 95 B

(Forgot all about Windows 95)
very strange on my part. Windows 98 keeps popping into my head. Ha ha

The upgrade URL should work no matter what his speed. It also lists what

he has in a printed
format. So mistakes don't happen.

Elector

Old September 18th 03, 11:22 AM
Elector

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 04:23:22 GMT, "Cledith SHJ Girard a.k.a. \"*\"" had this to
say and I had to reply to it:

::wish I had 98 right now, I have this pentium/166 with 2 usb ports and 95b,
::95 don't want to read the usb ports, even with the usb ad on/plugin, so I
::can't transfer pictures from my digital cam to my computer without usb
::support.
::
::running 95 has its advantages as well as its disadvantages, mostly its not
::suseptable to most newer virous's or worms.
::

I see...
I am looking forward to the new Edition of Windows XP. Naturally its all hype and its a marketing
ploy but hey it gives a person something to look forward to.

I was in the store yesterday and they have these USB 2.0 add on external device which makes
everything run at the higher speed over 1.1

But is a body were to attach these cute $40 devices to their systems when they are running 1.1 they
will gain no benefit. People should read them labels. ha ha

I added 2 USB 2.0 high speed to my home build. The mother board had USB 1.1 but while loading the
newer add in card (5 usb connections in both for a total of 10 usb ports) I also gleaned at combo
cards that have an added Firewire port as well. Est. cost $45 but I now read that USB is going to
be the standard over the others when everyone held out this hope for the firewire standard and
bluetooth. How fickle we are with our toys. My old Packard Bell Legend 60 Supreme even at an
overdrive speed of 120 MHz. never had such connections and it came standard with Windows 3.1 and
you got the certificate for the Windows 95 upgrade.

How time passes...

Elector

Old September 18th 03, 02:20 PM
Andrew Bywater

Thanks for the replies.

Found a BIOS upgrade that will allow me upgrade it to a DX4 100 MHz.
Though I found out the MB does not support EDO RAM.

I think I worded question 4 wrong, what I meant to say was:

Is the CDROM connected through the Sound Card an IDE drive?

Thanks,

Andrew

Old September 19th 03, 06:01 PM
Simon

I see the resident ar*ehole from FDN is still here....
Oh well, only came back to see if it was all clear...obviously not.

Old September 20th 03, 12:13 AM
Elector

"Simon" wrote in message
What a basket case you are as we would say here in the UK.
Get a life...sad git!

Hi Simon: Now you realize that any reference to "Troll Kook Arthur
Grayson Walker" is to be removed from any of its messages. Since the
deviant likes and craves attention you will have to kill file the
idiot, liar, troll, kook, asshole from your news reader.

It has no one of any consequence at that losers group it likes to
hawk. My other laugh is that it is stealing your web URL that you
posted and Anthony and your web site FAQ's and then states that his
group has an enforceable code of conduct. Sort of like crime school
bwaaaaaa

And I know Robb at FDN has spoken to the jerk off, and they are
counting the posts from this butt lick. So please kill file the idiot
and let it hang its self. Lying Troll Phony..Moron.

Profanity and drivel from Elector Deleted is all the loser can
write. Huh Phony. And even then he needs someone to write the words
for it. Arthur Grayson Walker, President of the Losers Clubs of
America. Watch for an office opening by you soon!

---
Coming soon http://www.arthurgraysonwalkerisakook.com was created to
alert the public of this lying phony and his antics. At this web site
we have all the proof of any claim made against this loser on the
news:alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell this loser maintains no valid
*FAQ's* nor help files or sites at the loser group at Yahoo Groups. It
is a flame and troll post group, maintained by a proven liar, and
proven phony. This troll has posted here from Feb 2003 and has done
nothing but troll since day 2 being here. It has no valid knowledge of
computers, PB's, or Digital Cameras. It maintains a phony business,
and has a phony PhD. Ask the kook for proof and see for your self.
This message will follow any seen post from this nut case when that
loser group is mentioned. We now return to our regularly scheduled
newsgroup.

Old September 20th 03, 11:18 AM
Elector

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:53:23 -0400, "94X5J4QVL0UBTOAROYJMB8TIQGMAIY"
had this to say and I had to reply to it:

::Self serving silliness from elector DELETED
::

Yeah lets just check out that posting history, Lying troll. I will match mine any day against your
bull**** and trolling. Produce the proof of your claims or get lost. Its that simple.

These few URLs will give you some back ground into what sort of person this A.Grayson Walker III
fellow is like. Please note that the

business he likes to say he is President of is a home business for tax dodging. and the official
records can be found he

http://tinyurl.com/hfcb or under the official web site

http://www.sunbiz.org/scripts/cordet...ASSOCIATES&r5=
and please download and view the financial records and reports. It is a sham company. Please note
that all the principals are given the title of "Dr." kind of funny huh?

These posts are to just get you thinking.

http://tinyurl.com/hf5e
http://tinyurl.com/hf5h
http://tinyurl.com/hf5l
http://tinyurl.com/hf5p
http://tinyurl.com/hf5v
http://tinyurl.com/hf5y
http://tinyurl.com/hf62
http://tinyurl.com/hf65
http://tinyurl.com/hf6a
http://tinyurl.com/hf6c
http://tinyurl.com/hf6i
http://tinyurl.com/hf6r
http://tinyurl.com/hf6t
http://tinyurl.com/hf6y
http://tinyurl.com/hf74
http://tinyurl.com/hf76

Now these posts are more on the money and can give you greater insight to what type of person
your dealing with. In a nut shell 100% kook, and proven liar, note the changing of the posting name
to annoy and evade others.

http://tinyurl.com/hf7n The First Post."A.Grayson Walker III"

http://tinyurl.com/hf7r Note its posting as "G"

http://tinyurl.com/hf7s Note that it now morps into a "PAL Androne" and steals my posting name of
elector.

http://tinyurl.com/hf7w Now its using three morph names which he changes my elector to elctra.
Class act huh?

http://tinyurl.com/hf80 And this link is really fun to read. Enjoy. He was using the Presidents
domain in his address.

http://tinyurl.com/hf88 Note it likes to dog others posts. Yep A. Grayson walker is a real class
act.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8e

http://tinyurl.com/hf8l And he agains changes his posting name.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8r Here Mr. Walker is attacking or trying to attack METRONID's answers on the
group.

http://tinyurl.com/hf8x Here Mr. Walker is giving wrong information and fighting with three
regulars on the answer he gave.

http://tinyurl.com/hf90 Now he changes his posting name again to "RTFM" but it is on topic.

http://tinyurl.com/hf99 Now its back to the "G" posting name. Having fun yet?

http://tinyurl.com/hf9g Two of the regulars waiting for the "G" poster to back up his wrong
information. It never came.

http://tinyurl.com/hf9j When he noticed he was not winning the flame war he created his own group.
But look at the site. You won't be amused.

http://tinyurl.com/hfa6 And this one is really fun reading. Bad information from A. GGrayson
Walker and then he fights with six regulars over the bad advice he gave. Gee this is fun.

http://tinyurl.com/hfad And this was an off topic post again from that nut job Grayson walker.

http://tinyurl.com/hfaj Now this one is great reading. If you have any time to read today read
this thread. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/hfao Another long and enjoyable post. But read it and laugh.

http://tinyurl.com/hfaw Shirt and sweet. Shows to the background of this kook, A. Grayson Walker
III

http://tinyurl.com/hfaz And this one speaks for its self. Enjoy.

http://tinyurl.com/hfb2 And this one is the best yet. An off topic post to incite the many posters
from the United Kingdom that use the group for help with their computers. Packard Bell is not in
the USA any longer but in the UK.
A. Grayson Walker III is a real class act, huh? He is a bigot as well as a
phony. Ask for the Ph.D proof he claims he has from a Georgia University. He doesn't have it. Check
for yourself.

---