HELP WITH BURNING BIG FILE

Old March 10th 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
jusme

Default HELP WITH BURNING BIG FILE

Once again, Mike, I am using my own burning program which is Nero 8. Nero
won't burn the split files from HJSplit because HJSplit puts an extension on
such as .001, .002, etc. I told you this in a private email.

Have you ever split a large file with HJS and tried to burn it and, if so,
what burning program were you using?

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
jusme wrote:
Mike,

The problem is that I cannot burn cds after splitting with HJSplit as
HJSplit puts an extension on it that the burner won't allow, ie, .001,
.002, etc.

I thought that I read in HJSplit blurb that it can burn split CDs but it
does not say how.

Once again, HJSplit burns nothing. Either your reading or your memory is
in error.

Of course, you cannot burn split files as audio without recombining them,
but I have never heard of a mastering program which cares about the
extension when burning a *data* file (i.e., to CD-ROM). If you would
release the secret of what program you are using, someone may know it and
be able to advise you.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old March 10th 08, 08:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Nil

On 10 Mar 2008, "jusme" wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

Once again, Mike, I am using my own burning program which is Nero
8. Nero won't burn the split files from HJSplit because HJSplit
puts an extension on such as .001, .002, etc. I told you this in
a private email.

You can burn any kind of file to a data CD that you want. The extension
doesn't matter a bit. The individual files must be less than 700MB so
they fit on a disk. Repeat: you want to burn a DATA CD.
Old March 11th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
jusme

Nil,

Nero 8 will not do this. Perhaps, I am using Nero incorrectly but I AM
trying to burn split DATA files of less than 500Mb.(from HJSplit)

j/b

"Nil" wrote in message
On 10 Mar 2008, "jusme" wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

Old March 11th 08, 01:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Nil

On 10 Mar 2008, "jusme" wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

Nero 8 will not do this. Perhaps, I am using Nero incorrectly but
I AM trying to burn split DATA files of less than 500Mb.(from
HJSplit)

You must be doing something wrong. I don't know Nero 8, but it would be
absolutely, insanely wrong for it to not let you.

I use Nero 6, and it can burn any kind of file, no matter what the
extension. I just start a new Data CD from Smart Start, and drag 'n
drop the files I want to burn onto the interface. Alternatively, you
can use the menu option Edit | Add Files and browse around to add
files. Can Nero 8 be that much different? This seems like the most
basic functionality that every CD-R burning program must have.
Old March 11th 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

jusme wrote:

Nero 8 will not do this. Perhaps, I am using Nero incorrectly but I AM
trying to burn split DATA files of less than 500Mb.(from HJSplit)

Burn the .001, .002 ... one file at a time following Nero 7 (Data)
tutorial:
http://www.nero.com/enu/support-nero...ials-data.html
Old March 11th 08, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

Nil wrote:
On 10 Mar 2008, "jusme" wrote in
alt.comp.periphs.cdr:

Nero 8 will not do this. Perhaps, I am using Nero incorrectly but
I AM trying to burn split DATA files of less than 500Mb.(from
HJSplit)

You must be doing something wrong. I don't know Nero 8, but it would be
absolutely, insanely wrong for it to not let you.

I use Nero 6, and it can burn any kind of file, no matter what the
extension. I just start a new Data CD from Smart Start, and drag 'n
drop the files I want to burn onto the interface. Alternatively, you
can use the menu option Edit | Add Files and browse around to add
files. Can Nero 8 be that much different? This seems like the most
basic functionality that every CD-R burning program must have.

I, too, use Nero 6 and I, too, have burnt files created by HJSplit -
with the .001 and following extensions.

Start a data (CD-ROM) session, select an appropriate file type (ISO),
and go. To help further, jusme will have to be more specific about what
he's doing and where it goes wrong (with what message).

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Burning ISO file to CD Michael Bednarek Cdr 2 December 11th 07 11:09 PM
Burning ISO file to CD smh Cdr 2 December 10th 07 06:48 PM
burning a .IMG file [email protected] Cdr 85 November 8th 07 04:45 AM
Burning a large AVI file to VCD The Seabat Cdr 5 November 1st 05 09:05 PM
Burning song file name to a CD-R Billie Cdr 2 October 26th 05 10:55 AM