HELP WITH BURNING BIG FILE

Old March 6th 08, 09:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
jusme

Default HELP WITH BURNING BIG FILE

Could someone help me? I am wanting to burn a 4 gig file onto cdrs. I
have a bunch of computers that don't have dvd drives, just cd drives so, I
need the cds in install the program. Most are not networked.

Thanks

Old March 7th 08, 04:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

jusme wrote:
Could someone help me? I am wanting to burn a 4 gig file onto cdrs. I
have a bunch of computers that don't have dvd drives, just cd drives so, I
need the cds in install the program. Most are not networked.

There are several options, each of which requires rebuilding the file
onto a hard drive before installation; in general, an installer not
built to run from a sequence of discs will not do so.

1. Use a free splitter such as HJSplit to divide the file into CD-sized
chunks, then the same program will recombine it.

2. Use ZIP or RAR to compress the file while splitting it for CDs.
De-archiving will restore it to a single file.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old March 7th 08, 06:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://tinyurl.com/38wte6

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the above )
(is a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have PROOF of libels!)
'

jusme wrote:

Could someone help me? I am wanting to burn a 4 gig file onto cdrs. I
have a bunch of computers that don't have dvd drives, just cd drives so, I
need the cds in install the program. Most are not networked.

You have no choice but to split the files and burn/transfer to other
systems.

If the file is an .iso, try Daemon Tools to run it on systems without
dvd drive:
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/index.php

Old March 7th 08, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
jusme

Thanks, SMH

Old March 7th 08, 09:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,rec.music.opera
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Makes a Common Mistake

'
Mike Richter (Slimy ****) crapped (3/8/07):

snip

Mikey, don't you think it's way overdue to update whether the FAQ has
corrected the common mistake?

Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Makes a Common Mistake

======================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 9/16/01

the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
confusing Enhanced CD with its predecessor, CD Extra
======================
Old March 7th 08, 09:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,rec.music.opera
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Conflicts with References

'
Mike Richter (Slimy ****) crapped (3/8/07):

snip

Mikey, don't you think it's way overdue to update whether the FAQ has
corrected the conflict with references?

Mike Richter: CD-R Faq Conflicts with References

========================
From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/14/01

Yes, the FAQ says that a Mixed Mode disc
is written in a single session.

I don't doubt it...but it conflicts with

other information I have gleaned from
references
========================
Old March 7th 08, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr,rec.music.opera
smh

Default Mike Richter: CD-R Faq has Significant Errors

'
Mike Richter (Slimy ****) crapped (3/8/07):

snip

Mikey, don't you think it's way overdue to update whether the FAQ has
corrected the significant errors?

From: Mike Richter
Date: 5/24/02

I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
=====================
Old March 9th 08, 06:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
jusme

Mike,

The problem is that I cannot burn cds after splitting with HJSplit as
HJSplit puts an extension on it that the burner won't allow, ie, .001, .002,
etc.

I thought that I read in HJSplit blurb that it can burn split CDs but it
does not say how.

j/b

Old March 10th 08, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Mike Richter

jusme wrote:
Mike,

The problem is that I cannot burn cds after splitting with HJSplit as
HJSplit puts an extension on it that the burner won't allow, ie, .001, .002,
etc.

I thought that I read in HJSplit blurb that it can burn split CDs but it
does not say how.

Once again, HJSplit burns nothing. Either your reading or your memory is
in error.

Of course, you cannot burn split files as audio without recombining
them, but I have never heard of a mastering program which cares about
the extension when burning a *data* file (i.e., to CD-ROM). If you would
release the secret of what program you are using, someone may know it
and be able to advise you.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Burning ISO file to CD Michael Bednarek Cdr 2 December 11th 07 11:09 PM
Burning ISO file to CD smh Cdr 2 December 10th 07 06:48 PM
burning a .IMG file [email protected] Cdr 85 November 8th 07 04:45 AM
Burning a large AVI file to VCD The Seabat Cdr 5 November 1st 05 09:05 PM
Burning song file name to a CD-R Billie Cdr 2 October 26th 05 10:55 AM