canon IP4200 error: 15 orange flashes

Old October 7th 06, 06:07 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
AH

Default canon IP4200 error: 15 orange flashes

I was in the process of setting up a new CIS on a used IP4200 & I have
somehow messed up the printer. I am now getting 15 orange flashes on
the resume button led. None of the led's are alight on the ink tank
chips. I have replaced the chips on the ink tanks with chips from brand
new unused Canon cartridges & there is no difference. I have even put
in a brand new printhead & there is still no difference.

I have googled this error message & come across other postings on
newsgroups with the same problem but I have not found a solution.

Any help & advice will be much appreciated.

AH.

Old October 8th 06, 02:12 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"AH" wrote:
I was in the process of setting up a new CIS on a used IP4200 & I have
somehow messed up the printer. I am now getting 15 orange flashes on
the resume button led. None of the led's are alight on the ink tank
chips. I have replaced the chips on the ink tanks with chips from brand
new unused Canon cartridges & there is no difference. I have even put
in a brand new printhead & there is still no difference.

I have googled this error message & come across other postings on
newsgroups with the same problem but I have not found a solution.

Any help & advice will be much appreciated.

AH.

There is something seriously amiss with your printer as I'm sure you realise.
If only one or two of the ink tank LED's werr out then it would indicate
replacement of that/those tanks. That all are out indicates a main board
failure or a connector that is not fully home.
Tony