Roxio is a pig!

Old March 12th 08, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Tony[_3_]

Default Roxio is a pig!

This is copied from the 24hoursupport.helpdesk.

Subject:
Before you buy Roxio - read this trouble ticket!
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:03:01 -0400

Newsgroups:
24hoursupport.helpdesk

I installed roxio 10 - it doesn't work - read the trouble ticket...

Unbelievable...

Maybe the store will give my my money back, I'll print this for them...
and stop
the credit card...

For your convience, I reversed the ticket paragraphs and added lines so
you can
read it front to back rather then back to front...

WebTicket

2/26/2008

I just installed the program into a new Windows XP Pro machine,
which
isn't on the internet yet, and I tried to play a Hollywood movie DVD but
the

picture was black, and there was no sound...

The player seemed to be advancing, and the skip button said chapter 2,
chapter
3, etc, but there was no picture or sound.

I tried 2 movies...

I played the movies on another player and there was no problem.

Is it because the program wasn't registered yet?

The video card is a BFG 8800 GT OC 512

Thanks

2/27/2008 Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

3.) Disable Video hardware acceleration and Video Mixing Renderer within

Cineplayer.

Click on the start button and choose control panel.

Double Click on Cineplayer DVD decoder options.

Select the video tab.

Then uncheck all of the boxes with in the video tab.

4.) Please try adjusting the video hardware acceleration.

Right click on your desktop and choose properties.

Choose the settings tab.

Click on the advanced tab to the bottom.

Now choose the troubleshooting tab.

If the slider bar is not set to full move it up to full.

Thanks for contacting Roxio Customer Care. Let us know if you need
further
assistance on this issue by clicking the Update button.

Regards,

MM

WebTicket

2/28/2008

Nothing. The player screen is now gray instead of black...

2/29/2008 Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please try the steps below for help with this issue.

1.)Update to the latest version of Direct X from the Microsoft website
below.

download the directx package and extract it to a folder of your choice.
Then
click on the folder and double click on the DXSETUP.exe to update
directx

2.) Disable your startup items

a. Hold down your Windows Key and push the letter R to get a run dialog
box.

b. Type "msconfig" and click on the "OK" button or press the "Enter"
key.

c. Select the "Startup" tab over on the right side.

d. Write down which items are checked, and then click on the "Disable
All"
button.

e. Select the "Services" tab.

f. Check the box that says "hide all Microsoft Services"

f. Click on the "Disable All" button.

Recheck the following applications in the Services tab.

# RoxioDB10
# Roxio UPnP Renderer 10
# Roxio UPnP Server 10

g. Click on the "Apply" button and then click on "OK".

h. Click "YES" to restart the computer.

Test your movie again

If the information provided does not resolve your issue simply update
your
webticket with a detailed explanation with the steps you have tried and
any

error messages you receive.

3/2/2008

I have installed the latest DirectX, and video card drivers. The
machine is
new...

I don't know the risks involved in disabling my startup files...

Yours is the only player that doesn't work... even Windows media player
9 works.

3/2/2008 Please upgrade to Windows Media Player 10 and see if that
helps.

Also please set your display to 1024 x 768.

Your audio drivers may need updating too.

DXDIAG says the audio drivers are unsigned.

Regards,

3/3/2008

I have no problem with media player...

I don't run a 24" monitor at 1024 x 768...

My MB is brand new and doesn't need updating...

Your software is defective...

3/4/2008

Thank you for contacting Roxio Technical Support

Please make sure you are able to reinstall before following the clean
install
steps below.

Please follow the instructions at the knowlegebase article below.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Regards,

WebTicket

3/8/2008

I completely removed your software according to your instructions, and
re-installed it.

Now nothing seems to work...

Your player just sits there, showing nothing...

Putting a DVD movie into the drive causes a window to appear announcing
program exception, and shuts down the input dialog.

Windows Media Player no longer shows mpeg2 or MiniDV AVIs...

The video player that comes with certain Hollywood movies doesn't play
either...

So I deleted your software again...

You owe me $60...

I should bill you as well for my time wasted playing with your garbage
software... I'll have to see what legal recourse I have. If anything is
damaged
in

my computer you will pay for it.

Ticket # Status Date

527873 Closed 3/10/2008

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support
http://support.roxio.com

Can you believe these incompetant assholes???

They take your money, feed you a bunch of incredible bull****, and then
just
close the ticket...

Roxio 7.5? DotCom Cdr 0 April 7th 05 04:57 PM
Roxio 7 Oliver Cromwell Cdr 1 February 23rd 04 04:43 PM
roxio 7 ? doc Cdr 11 February 20th 04 05:43 AM
Roxio 6 Brugge Storage (alternative) 2 February 12th 04 08:26 PM
Roxio 6.0 and ISO CD-RWs mark24951 Cdr 5 July 12th 03 01:12 AM