Bigpockets.co.uk a spammer?

Old July 11th 03, 10:00 PM
Edward Tsang

Default Bigpockets.co.uk a spammer?

Just wondering, is it just me, or Bigpockets.co.uk just don't deal with
any unsubscribe request whatsoever? I have tried emailing the
unsubscribe address at least 3 times, and they still keep sending emails
to me twice a week.

They are starting to really annoy me now.
Anything I can do? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Edward
Old July 11th 03, 10:04 PM
Colin Wilson

They are starting to really annoy me now.
Anything I can do? Any suggestion?

Use something like mailwasher and add the entire domain to the blacklist,
so they`re deleted without you downloading them ?
Old July 11th 03, 11:19 PM
Gizmo

"Edward Tsang" wrote in message
Just wondering, is it just me, or Bigpockets.co.uk just don't deal with
any unsubscribe request whatsoever? I have tried emailing the
unsubscribe address at least 3 times, and they still keep sending emails
to me twice a week.

They are starting to really annoy me now.
Anything I can do? Any suggestion?

Firstly - block their Email addy
Then - sign them up to a few "interesting" sites g
And if your really in an evil mood ..... have their Email address in your NG
posting sig for a few weeks.

You could also send an Email to their sales department stating that as they
insist on lowering themselves to spamming techniques you'll be taking your
business to one of the many online vendors who will welcome your custom.

Old July 12th 03, 12:06 AM
GB

"Gizmo" wrote in message

"Edward Tsang" wrote in message
Just wondering, is it just me, or Bigpockets.co.uk just don't deal with
any unsubscribe request whatsoever? I have tried emailing the
unsubscribe address at least 3 times, and they still keep sending emails
to me twice a week.

They are starting to really annoy me now.
Anything I can do? Any suggestion?

Firstly - block their Email addy
Then - sign them up to a few "interesting" sites g
And if your really in an evil mood ..... have their Email address in your

NG
posting sig for a few weeks.

You could also send an Email to their sales department stating that as

they
insist on lowering themselves to spamming techniques you'll be taking your
business to one of the many online vendors who will welcome your custom.

My preferred solution involves a small amount of VBA programming. With that,
you can get Outlook to send them an email every 2 seconds until they stop
spamming you. Of course, they may be unhappy on Monday morning when they
find they have 100,000 emails from you, and they may contact your ISP and
complain that YOU are spamming THEM. This is of course completely untrue, as
you are simply sending an email to an address they have specified for the
very purpose they have specified, but your ISP may unfortunately see it
differently from you......

Or you can just right-click on their latest email, click junk sender, etc.

My preferred solution is much more exciting. Please let me know if you want
the VBA code.

Geoff

Old July 14th 03, 12:09 PM
Andy Sinclair

Edward Tsang wrote:
anyone knows how can i find out who their ISP is?

Either check the headers or use http://spamcop.net.

Andy

Old July 16th 03, 08:18 PM
John Perry

Edward Tsang wrote:

Now they really get on my nerves...

I finally got a reply from them...

-- extract from the email
Hi,

If you require to be removed from our mailing list please use the
unsubscribe option at the bottom of the mail.

So why don't you? is that too difficult for you?
--
SPAM (delete NOSPAM)
www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk
Old July 17th 03, 09:32 AM
Bob Eager

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:18:06 UTC, John Perry
wrote:

If you require to be removed from our mailing list please use the
unsubscribe option at the bottom of the mail.

So why don't you? is that too difficult for you?

Did you not read the part that said the unsubscribe feature didn't work?
That's why he emailed them...
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

What software will handle DVD-RAM ? 'NERO' does not. Don Cdr 25 January 9th 05 10:51 PM
Joy! - Usenet SPAMMER Finally Identified!!! ----- CBexMC4f1 Chip Cdr 6 September 9th 03 02:36 AM
SMH is a Known Newsgroup Spammer and Cyberstalker Big Dog Cdr 1 August 9th 03 05:21 AM
one more spammer schwalve General 0 July 17th 03 09:44 AM
Report the SPAMMER: Lithurge Ati Videocards 2 June 28th 03 03:37 PM