A7V133 and Palit FX5600 ?

Old July 30th 03, 03:38 PM

Default A7V133 and Palit FX5600 ?

Just bought a Palit Daytona GForce FX 5600, but when I plug it in and start
the computer, I get a long beeb an 3 small beeb's.
Any suggestions ?

At the moment I'm using a Palit Daytona GForce4 TI 4200 and it works just
fine, so why does the FX card not work ??

--
\!/
(@@)

Old July 30th 03, 10:19 PM
Mike Gorman

It could be a voltage issue. The newer cards are 1.5 volt and the older
cards tend to be 3.3. The older board may not handle the 1.5 although it's
not likely. I had an A7V133 and used a GeForce 5200FX in there for a short
time and it worked just fine. Have you tried the card on another mobo? The
beeping, of course, indicates NO video/Bad Video memory. Check the seating
and inspect the card for an loose resistors or scorch marks.

Old July 31st 03, 05:59 AM

I have testet the FX in my sons computer, end it works just fine. Could it
be that the FX card have 256Mb RAM ?
My GF4 have only 128Mb RAM

In fact it does not beeb when I plug it in, but if I have been in BIOS
settings and exit, the computer resets and then I get the beeb's.

Strange ....

Gorm