No sound from Keyboard into Live!

Old October 10th 07, 10:32 AM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.live
[email protected]

Default No sound from Keyboard into Live!

Hi,

I cannot get sound I play from a Yamaha PSR-275 keyboard going line-in
to a Live! card. (keyboard out to line in on Live! card). PC Mode is
off.

1) If I unplug the keyboard's output wire, I hear what I play through
the speakers on the keyboard.
2) If I plug the keyboard line-out to my mixer, I hear what I play
through the mixer's speakers.
3) If f I plug the keyboard line-out to my mixer and from the rec out
on the mixer to line in on the Live!, I hear what I play through the
mixer's speakers and can record, but the audio is terrible (low
volume, big hum).

My understanding is the keyboard has an on-board sound mod, and so I'm
looking to take the output from that sound mod, input it into the
Live! card and record. Why? My original problem: the keyboard sounds
tinny if I record the midi first (Cakewalk) and then record the audio
tracks from the midi.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Cheryl