PCLINCS.CO.UK - BEWARE !

Old August 6th 03, 11:52 PM
Minatour

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

I got a phone call from pclincs today and was told - "The chip you

returned
is damaged - there are striations on the die consistent with the

application
of excessive heatsink pressure".
Strange, because the clip on my heatsink is nice and easy to get on.
She went on to say -"We're sending the chip back to you".
I'm now 50 pounds the wiser/worse off.
These guys are no-namers without a reputation to protect - suppose I

ought
to have been more cautious - but hind-sight's always 20/20.
Pretty annoying, all the same.

To OP whoever that is...

Possibility, some of the thermal compound was left on? I'm sure you would
have noticed such scratches across the die.

It's a shame that it's hardly worth taking to a small claims court, if you
was really willing and certain of victory you could go ahead just to make
your point to them, or perhaps write letters warning of court action if

the
matter isn't dealt with to your satisfaction and it's nice to quote the
sales of goods act to retailers as it really ****es them off (at least
sometimes anyhow).....

You could always play a game of cat and mouse too with the retailer but it
may get expensive. Stick your original RMA# on the box and send it back

with
a note saying "the chip you returned is damaged - there are striations on
the die consistent with the application of excessive heatsink pressure. I
can conly assume that when you tested it, as it was returned DOA, you
damaged it. I would therefore like a replacement blah de blah sales of

goods
act blah de blah court action :-)"

Nice idea.