Star DP8340 FM printer

Old January 27th 05, 12:22 AM
Attila

Default Star DP8340 FM printer

Hello

I had this very old POS system with a Star DP8340 FM printer with a
modular jack to take order for my small pizza shop. Few years ago the
software that I was using (DOS based) crashed and I didn't have any
money to fix it so we stop using computers. Now I'm forced to get
something as my customers are sometime asking what the order last and
I don't have any record of there address.

I want to have 2 computer networked and the DP8340 to print the
orders, how do I connect that printer to a windows based computer. I
don't know much about modular jack so I'm not sure if it's even
possible.

I'm going to use Windows XP home.

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards
Old January 27th 05, 09:01 AM
Mark

The modular jack is normally to plug a cash drawer into.
You will need to check if it has either a serial (RS232) connector 25 way
connector (25 holes) or a parallel connector (36 way connector with spring
clips both ends) Its a dot matrix printer and will emulate an Epson 9 Pin
FX80 type printer so Windows drivers should be fine.

om...