CDRW Burnung Failure

Old December 1st 03, 11:40 PM
Barry Chapman

Default CDRW Burnung Failure

have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R1002 that wont burn CDRWs, it used to!

It burns CDRs perfectly but when I burn a CDRW my burning software, Easy
CDCreator 5 Platinum, seems to be doing the business and actually reports
asuccessful burn but the CDRW does not contain anything.

Looking at the CDRW there is not a mark on it (when it used to work there
was a burn trace, not as pronounced as a CDR trace), the CDRs it burns work
well and have quite a visible trace area - you can see where it has burnt
the media but not a mark on the CDRWs. I am using Windows2000, the drive
can read CD & DVDs fine, 'home made' or factory items. I have tried (at 1X,
2X & 4X speed) HP CD-RW C4438A Multiread compatible, 1X 2X 4X write speed
650 MB Media and Verbatim DataLifePlus2X - 4X write speed 700MB Media at 1X
2X & 4X.

HELP!!!!

Barry

Old December 4th 03, 11:58 PM
Robert Hancock

If you're sure the software is not in simulation mode, then my guess is the
drive is bad. CD-RW discs require more laser power to burn than CD-R discs..

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from