computer case problems!! pplz help

Old August 9th 03, 02:18 AM
TRANCEMASTER

Default computer case problems!! pplz help

hi guys/girls

i am thinking of buying a thermaltake xaser 3 2000a (the aluminium one with
a window)

but i have heard that sum pci cards and agp cards are to wide for the cases
"toolless" setup, how can i resolve this ?

can sumone plz advise me as if to wether or not my below cards/specs will
fit?
as anyone had any other bad experencies with this case ?

here is what i will be fitting to my case

Sapphire Radeon 9000PRO 128MB DDR DVI TV-OUT

and the sound card is

Soundblaster Audigy 2

also i maybe adding a firewire/usb 2.0 card

can anybody recommed (by experience) cards that will fit (without cutting
the case or making mods)

hope sumone can att least answer one of my many questions (lol)

thanks in advance

daniel briston

Old August 9th 03, 06:11 PM
Scootre

"toolless" setup usually just means that the case uses thumb screws instead
of regular screws for attaching drives, panels, etc... The rear I/O blanks
also probably just snap into the screw holes instead of requiring a screw to
hold them in place. The case itself should be plenty big enough for just
about any PCI/AGP card that you can find (unless you've got some freak of
nature card that is proprietary to some particular manufacturer). The only
"toolless" incompatibility that I've encountered with the cards being too
wide has been with cases that have slide out mobo trays in which I simply
had to install the card after the tray was put back in the chassis. Unless
I'm wrong, the 2000a doesn't have a slide-out tray, so that shouldn't be an
issue for you.

Old August 10th 03, 09:09 AM
SteveH

[...]

Hi,

I have the black one, which is exactly the same, it's steel.
All you do is unscrew the 'tooless' card gizmo from the back of the case,
then you can screw the cards in as normal.
I've had to do this because I have a Zalman CPU cooler with it's large fan
bracket that screws across three card fixing points, works fine.

HTH
SteveH

Computer Problems JosephNicol General 8 October 5th 04 10:38 PM
Hewlett-Packard & Circuit City Richard E Sgrignoli General 2 March 17th 04 09:42 AM
Computer Case Creations Ablang General 0 February 28th 04 04:46 AM
Improperly Grounded Computer Case.... Greg Johnson General 6 December 16th 03 02:30 AM
Running a computer without a case Philo General 6 July 12th 03 06:51 AM