can a mouse do this??

Old August 8th 03, 03:53 PM
rochyy

Default can a mouse do this??

Just had a system returned within an hour of pick up...

customer said there was problems with the mouse - so I hooked up the pc to
find it wasnt recognising the hard drive - pulled then reattached hd ribbon
cables etc - alls now fine and the drive is recognised ...

just looked at the ps/2 mouse he brought back ( i used a different one to
test it)and the plug and pins are in a right old state .. obviously been
forced in the wrong way...

so the question is.. would forcing the plugs in like that affect the HD in
some way? the cd-rom and floppy drives seem to be fine enough....

Old August 8th 03, 06:59 PM
El Phantazmo

I've had a sketch PS/2 mouse cause random reboots during hardware detection,
but thats about it. Maybe it got knocked around during transport? Maybe
the client tried "persauding" the connector with a little weighted help?
Maybe the client cracked the case to peer inside after getting it back to
make sure "everything looked good"?

Old August 9th 03, 02:56 AM
Eddie

Interesting, I have both a cordless and PS2 mouse connected, the latter as
the cordless is too slow for some things. No problems, both exist at the
same time and, in situtations where the sys begins to freez and not
recognise things, the USB mouse is us but the PS2 OK.

Eddie

Old August 9th 03, 10:42 AM
spodosaurus

rochyy wrote:
Just had a system returned within an hour of pick up...

customer said there was problems with the mouse - so I hooked up the pc to
find it wasnt recognising the hard drive - pulled then reattached hd ribbon
cables etc - alls now fine and the drive is recognised ...

just looked at the ps/2 mouse he brought back ( i used a different one to
test it)and the plug and pins are in a right old state .. obviously been
forced in the wrong way...

so the question is.. would forcing the plugs in like that affect the HD in
some way? the cd-rom and floppy drives seem to be fine enough....

Sounds like the guy opened it up and fartsed around after he busted the
mouse.

--

Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

Old August 11th 03, 12:26 PM
rochyy

No definately wasnt opened... I put warranty void stickers on the case
screws.

maybe it got knocked I dunno - would have had to been quick a serious knock
though and all looked fine...

PS/2 mouse problems Fred General 2 August 12th 04 01:21 AM
Slightly OT Logitech vs Microsoft Miss Perspicacia Tick General 2 June 4th 04 05:08 AM
mouse detection problem Andreas Bernsel General 1 March 10th 04 12:37 PM
Problem with P/S 2 mouse port? Jean General 1 November 22nd 03 03:57 PM
Mouse doesn't move byteryder General 3 July 5th 03 11:54 PM