Roxio sucks

Old April 19th 05, 03:25 PM
E. Brent Price

Default Roxio sucks

Here's the email I want to send to Roxio, but I can't. I don't remember my
login information from last June. I tried to get a hint but I had to
register the product. I registered. Asked for a hint again, nothing.
Tried calling Customer Support. Got an answering machine. I'm tired of
jumping through their hoops. Who the hell do they think they are? Well,
they got $70 bucks out of me. Here's the email:

I purchased and downloaded your Easy Media Creator 7 on 6/9/04. It has never
worked and always causes a hard freeze when I try.

Now I am upgrading to a new motherboard and other components. I put a blank
CD into my drive to backup data but your drag to disc hijacked the drive and
froze the computer. So I tried to delete your program and got an error
message blaming it on Microsoft. Of course, Microsoft blames it on you.

The errant file is ISScript.msi but Microsoft has nothing to offer for my
OS.

So. I spent $70 bucks for a program that doesn't work, and I can't delete
it. Here's my particulars:

CD-KEY:[ XX-XXXXX-XXXXX]

Windows 2000 Pro SP4

Dual Pentium III at 932 Mhz

256K memory

Next system will be:

Pentium 4 at 3.0 Ghz

512K memory

I'm hoping you can help me delete this program, upgrade the hardware and
then see if it works better on the new system. I still have the downloaded
installation program which I will backup.

Then we can be friends again and maybe I'll buy something else. An upgrade,
maybe.

E. Brent Price

[email]

[phone number]

Old April 19th 05, 11:13 PM
E. Brent Price

"E. Brent Price" brent.price wrote in message
[...]

Well, I downloaded from this site and finally got rid of Roxio

http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msifaq/a/1027.htm

It installed a file that my search tells me I didn't have. Now I have it,
whatever it is, but I got rid of Roxio.

Still no email from my many requests to Roxio.

E. Brent Price

Old April 20th 05, 01:05 AM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

"E. Brent Price" wrote:

Well, I downloaded from this site and finally got rid of Roxio

It installed a file that my search tells me I didn't have. Now I have it,
whatever it is, but I got rid of Roxio.

Run RoxiZap:
http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/...ls/roxizap.exe

Even with RoxiZap, don't think you get rid of Roxio junk that easily:

==============================
From: Ted Kircher
Subject: Easy CD Creator 6
Date: 4/1/03

smh wrote:

(Still can't believe cRoxio put in 1,380 registry entries!)

Today I did a search of the registry files and found the following
references to "Roxio:"

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT - over 700 CLSID items
HKEY_CURRENT_USER - 4 items
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - over 1,000 items
HKEY_USERS - 4 ITEMS
HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIGURATION - no items
HKE_DYN_DATA - no items

My earlier posting relating to the 1,380 Roxio registry entries that
were broken links that I laboriously eliminated.

The newly discovered items are not routinely eliminated since they are
not borken links. I assume that they have to be deleted item by item
in the registry, but I find that sort of spooky since I am not one to
play around with the GRRRegistry!

NOW HEAR THIS!

Now, an update to additional problems I encounted today.

Planning to install Nero, I decided to be prudent and verify that I
had no other burner programs present on the system. When I checked
Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel, I discovered (to my horror) that
it still showed "Easy CD Creator 6." When I tried to remove it, the
system hung.

After rebooting I did a search on "Roxio" and found a folder in
C:\Windows\Applications. The Roxio folder containd two sub-folders.

I decided to call tech support at Roxio and spent over an hour with a
Tech that completely screwed up my system. We renamed the Roxio
folder to "Roxio Old." Tried again to remove the Add/Remove item and
locked up the system. Went to Safe Mode (which screwed up my optical
MS Mouse), went through about 30 minutes of this, that, and the other
thing. Tried to clean it up by using the original CD (that I had to
unwrap since I was prepared to drop it off at the PO today to get my
refund). Finally had a system that was completely screwed up in that
everything was hanging.

Tech suggested I run ScanReg at the DOS command line and "pick an
earlier backup." That did work in the sense that I went back to
square one. Tech then said they would call me tomorrow morning with a
solution to the problem! (I don't think I ever had Tech Support offer
to call me back!)

All of that, of course, is prior to my response relating to the
disbelief of the original 1380 broken registry links. BELIEVE ME they
were REAL.

Two things I do know. I can remove the Add/Remove reference to Easy
CD/DVD Creator 6 by using Tweak. Also, I know that I can simpley
delete the C;\Windows\Applications Data\Roxio folder and its contents.

BUT, how do I get ride of the 1K of Roxio references in the
aforemention Registry components?

So far, Roxio Tech Support, in my opinion, seems to have their heads
up their _____ (kazoo? You pick a "fill in the blanks" choice).

At my age this kind of frustration can bring on a STROKE!.