Ebuyer 'Super Saver' Delivery Terms

Old October 13th 03, 02:56 PM
mrjolly

Default Ebuyer 'Super Saver' Delivery Terms

On the Saturday before last (4/10/3), I ordered some media cases from
Ebuyer.
When selecting the delivery terms, I plumped for the 'Super Saver' method
(£2 cheaper), when I saw that the delivery date would be Tuesday.

What I didn't notice was that it meant *this* Tuesday (14/10/3). Slapped
wrists on my part.

This got me wondering exactly what kind of courier would take 9 days to
deliver the goods (since the items on my order had 100s in stock).

The order sat at Ebuyer's order list, listed as 'Awaiting Despatch' for 1
week and 2 days.
It did not say 'Awaiting Stock'.

Today, it changed to 'Invoiced', which afaik, means it is despatched.
I shall probably receive it tomorrow.

So my question is.....
Does 'Super Saver' mean that the parcel is packed and sat waiting at Ebuyer
for a week?

This seems so ludicrous, I must be mistaken. But then again, this is Ebuyer.

I have raised an e-note, and await their reply.

Regards, Darren

Old October 13th 03, 03:47 PM
zeronic

mrjolly wrote:

[...]

I think it means that other orders have priority, so they won't process
the packing and despatching of your order until they have to. My last
order arrived earlier than scheduled, which I took to mean they weren't
very busy at that time.
--

best wishes etc,

Zeronic AT uk2 DOT net

Old October 13th 03, 03:56 PM
mrjolly

More than likley they have a priority queue for despatching stock. The
order probably sits around waiting for despatch whilst all the next
day stuff gets done then an the end of the day they process a certain
amount of the surplus not next day stuff. They the probably have a cut
off date to get the non urgent stuff out so it doesn't hang around too
long.

A few places work like that and I know a few photographic places do
the same if you say have a 3 day service. They will usually send it
off to the main lab if too busy else do it on site in slack periods to
keep the machines in use.

I see, so in effect, you wait for up to 1 week (and over) for the saving of
£2 (actually a bit less).
I wonder what would happen if, by the time my order was processed, the item
was out of stock.

In conclusion, I guess I have learnt NEVER to select 'Super Saver' delivery

Regards, Darren

Old October 13th 03, 04:38 PM
Bagpuss

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:56:53 +0100, "mrjolly"
wrote:

More than likley they have a priority queue for despatching stock. The
order probably sits around waiting for despatch whilst all the next
day stuff gets done then an the end of the day they process a certain
amount of the surplus not next day stuff. They the probably have a cut
off date to get the non urgent stuff out so it doesn't hang around too
long.

A few places work like that and I know a few photographic places do
the same if you say have a 3 day service. They will usually send it
off to the main lab if too busy else do it on site in slack periods to
keep the machines in use.

I see, so in effect, you wait for up to 1 week (and over) for the saving of
£2 (actually a bit less).

Yep, pretty much. You don't go to Ebuyer and try to shave off £2 for
quick and easy service with good after sales support. Ebuyer is for
gettign stuff at rock bottom prices (in most cases).

I wonder what would happen if, by the time my order was processed, the item
was out of stock.

It probably would sit waiting for more stock or you would get
notification of cancellation.

In conclusion, I guess I have learnt NEVER to select 'Super Saver' delivery

--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old October 19th 03, 08:15 PM
nigel. carron

In message , mrjolly
writes
In conclusion, I guess I have learnt NEVER to select 'Super Saver'
delivery

Up here in Outer Mongolia we get no other option - I can order something
from them and get told no next day wait forever. 2 days later order
something elsewhere and next day both arrive at same time . Yet Ebuyers
says we are too far North to get next day - other suppliers courier says
no problems.. Thing is they are the same courier.. Its cost ebuyer sales
and me money - stupid..

--
njc AKA (Fastpay, Paypal & nochex e-mail)