Mesh Computers Warranty

Old August 5th 03, 10:32 PM
SLP

Default Mesh Computers Warranty

Called Mesh tech support today to get them to replace my CPU fan which has
been getting noisy and having trouble spinning up. I was going to just buy a
replacement fan myself, but as I'm selling this machine in a few weeks and
it has 18 months of it's on-site warranty remaining, I thought I may as well
get Mesh to replace it (and save me a few quid).

However, I was told that the machine would have to be sent back to base in
order to have the fan replaced. I asked them if they could just send me one
in the post the same way they had done last year when the graphics card fan
started playing up, but they said that their 'new policy' would not allow
this.

I asked why the machine had to be returned to base when it came with an
on-site warranty and was told that it was their 'new policy' to not replace
fans on-site and the only option was to return it to base. I declined and
said it wasn't worth the hassle.

How can they seriously expect you to be without the machine for what would
most likely be the best part of a week just to have the CPU fan replaced?
It doesn't seem fair that non-technically competent people (i.e.. average
customers) would have no choice but to return the machine when it was
supposed to come with an on-site warranty.

Anyway, the point is, I can't believe Mesh can be so dumb that they'd rather
pay for a courier to collect and return the PC than simply pop a new fan in
the post.

Every company must employ at least one moron to come up with 'new policies'
which must be obeyed no matter what.

SLP

Old August 5th 03, 10:57 PM
John Ray

SLP wrote:

Called Mesh tech support today to get them to replace my CPU fan which has
been getting noisy and having trouble spinning up.

However, I was told that the machine would have to be sent back to base in
order to have the fan replaced. I asked them if they could just send me one
in the post the same way they had done last year when the graphics card fan
started playing up, but they said that their 'new policy' would not allow
this.

I asked why the machine had to be returned to base when it came with an
on-site warranty and was told that it was their 'new policy' to not replace
fans on-site and the only option was to return it to base. I declined and
said it wasn't worth the hassle.

No doubt, this is what they were hoping for.

How can they seriously expect you to be without the machine for what would
most likely be the best part of a week just to have the CPU fan replaced?
It doesn't seem fair that non-technically competent people (i.e.. average
customers) would have no choice but to return the machine when it was
supposed to come with an on-site warranty.

Anyway, the point is, I can't believe Mesh can be so dumb that they'd rather
pay for a courier to collect and return the PC than simply pop a new fan in
the post.

They are relying on the hassle factor to save them the expense of
"popping a new fan in the post".

Every company must employ at least one moron to come up with 'new policies'
which must be obeyed no matter what.

Moron = genius?

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).
Old August 6th 03, 12:38 AM
SLP

"John Ray" wrote in message
SLP wrote:

[...]

I am aware that in this instance Mesh's policy has worked in their favour,
but I really don't think it was intentional. The majority of customers are
going to have neither the ability nor inclination to go out and purchase the
(correct) fan and fit it themselves - especially not when the pc is still
under warranty.

Anyway, even if it was intentional, it would still be pretty dumb of them to
try and avoid sending out a new fan when you consider how much damage a
failed one could do in the long run.

SLP