DVDRW packet writing

Old February 15th 04, 11:55 AM
Rodger

Default DVDRW packet writing

Can someone explain for a beginner;

I have some DVD -RW disks. Although I can format them with Nero (either udf
or udf-iso What is the difference?), if I do that I can't just drag and drop
files from windows explorer, I get an error message. I have to make
compilations with Nero.

I want to use the discs like a giant floppy, is this possible?

Thanks
Old February 15th 04, 12:06 PM
Morgan

For Ahead's Nero you need In-CD if you were using Roxio's ECDC you would
have Drag N Drop. Both offer the same features as you want but I prefer
Roxio's. But you can't have them installed at the same time. Pop over to
Nero's website for info about downloading In CD.

Some people have reported stability issues when using it but the latest
version (YMMV) is stable for me.

--
Regards

Morgan

Hard drive repairs

www.flyinglizard.freeserve.co.uk

Old February 15th 04, 09:28 PM
Mike Richter

Rodger wrote:
Can someone explain for a beginner;

I have some DVD -RW disks. Although I can format them with Nero (either udf
or udf-iso What is the difference?), if I do that I can't just drag and drop
files from windows explorer, I get an error message. I have to make
compilations with Nero.

I want to use the discs like a giant floppy, is this possible?

UDF is Universal Disc Format and permits drag-and-drop operation. ISO
9660 is for mastering (named for the standard). I've never heard of
"udf-iso" - perhaps because I've not run Nero - so I cannot translate
that for you.

I suggest that you start with CD-RW rather than DVD-RW because the discs
and format are well established and recovery from failure is easier and
less expensive. Even so, please be aware that on an erasable disc,
packet writing is the least reliable and most fragile format available.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old February 18th 04, 03:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

Rodger wrote:

Can someone explain for a beginner;

I have some DVD -RW disks. Although I can format them with Nero (either udf
or udf-iso What is the difference?),

"udf/iso" refers to "UDF Bridge", where both UDF and ISO9660 file
systems are used.

if I do that I can't just drag and drop
files from windows explorer, I get an error message. I have to make
compilations with Nero.

I want to use the discs like a giant floppy, is this possible?

For drag&drop or use like a giant floppy, install InCD which is free to
registered Nero.
Old February 18th 04, 03:01 AM
smh

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

I've never heard of "udf-iso"
- perhaps because I've not run Nero

Why then are you commenting on Nero?

I have not used Nero
I don't know Nero at all

[...not use...not know...not write...]

I do not comment on what I don't know.

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?
=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: Sam needs to apologise to Mike now.
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
that he does not have personal experience of.
=======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.

Old February 21st 04, 11:09 AM
Rodger

On 18-Feb-2004, smh wrote:

I want to use the discs like a giant floppy, is this possible?

For drag&drop or use like a giant floppy, install InCD which is free to
registered Nero.

Many thanks, and to all the other posters on my query. I've now got INCD and
am about to try it.