Key Computers?

Old November 5th 03, 11:57 AM
Bagpuss

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 05:58:54 +0000, Ian wrote:

Apparently so.

In message , Alec
writes
Is this them ? http://www.wiseowls.co.uk/market/computing/keycomps.htm
Alec

Heh £199 for a 233 Mhz machine, looks like a urine extraction
exercise.

The logo looks more like KY computers. Well I suppose you will need
the lubricant when you get shafted :-)
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not

I'm not a nerd, I'm an empowered freak
Old November 5th 03, 12:16 PM
Chris Howells

Bagpuss wrote:

Heh £199 for a 233 Mhz machine, looks like a urine extraction
exercise.

Yeah... it's quite sad really. One of my housemates ordered a similar
albeit marginally better machine (15" monitor, 128MB RAM, 8.4GB disk,
~500MHz)... I persuaded him to cancel it and offered to build him one.

Ebuyer have the MSI 745 Ultra motherboard for ~25, an Athlon for ~30,
128MB RAM for ~20 (sure that's not much now, but it's easy to upgrade
later), CD-writers for ~20 and large hard disks for ~40.

Amazing how easy it is to build a vastly better machine for the same kind
of money.

For £25 I'm delighted with the MSI 745, I've built two systems with it,
one runs FreeBSD 4.8 and is a server (very stable), and the machine I
built for my housemate runs XP which seems fine as well. And at that price
I don't care if it breaks, it's pretty much disposable.

Cheers,
Chris Howells

Old November 5th 03, 12:24 PM
Ian

In message , Bagpuss
writes
Heh £199 for a 233 Mhz machine, looks like a urine extraction
exercise.

The logo looks more like KY computers. Well I suppose you will need
the lubricant when you get shafted :-)

Case closed :-)) Thanks for all the feedback.

--
Ian