IRQ conflicts

Old April 11th 04, 09:12 PM
Emlyn

Default IRQ conflicts

I just installed an Asrock k7s8xe motherboard, amd athlon xp and 512mb
ram and Radeon AGPX8. Since doing so, I notice a lot of devices are
sharing irq numbers. Problems encountered...

1) No sound
2) Broadband web access is dead slow
3) detecting a new monitor even though the correct drivers are already
installed.
4) Monitor display looks different to previously...maybe that's
normal.

Is it ok for so many things to share IRQ's? I've tried to change them,
but I don't see many options in the BIOS setup to do this, and it
won't let me change them in the properties section of the device
manager.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. If you want, I can
email a screen-shot of the IRQ listings.

Thanks,

Emlyn.
Old April 12th 04, 04:44 AM
Adimurugan.V

Its common that devices in the comp are sharing the same irq. But
some high end graphics and sound cards requires their unique irq to
work efficiently. Your problem may be due to the share of vga irq
with some other devices. If yours is a onboard agp, check for 'assign
unique irq for agp/vga' in the bios menu and enable it. If yours is a
agp card is agp slot, check your motherboard manual. Usuall all the
higher end motherboards allocate seperate irq for slots. Asus
allocates pci slot 2 for unique irq slot. If any devices, which
shares irq with agp card, replace that device card to the unique irq
pci slot (no. 2 in case of asus). If this don't solve your prob,
please send the screen shot to '.

have a nice day.