ARIA TECNOLGY NO GOOD

Old May 17th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default ARIA TECNOLGY NO GOOD

wrote in message
On Wed, 17 May 2006 18:25:17 GMT, William
wrote:

This group is called 'ukcomp.vendors' is it not, It should be renamed to
'uk.usernet.etiquette' as it appears..

William I so pleased that you refrained from using what in my book is
the most stupid of words " NETIQUETTE" I know I haven't got the
spelling right but the mere thought of the stupid word makes me feel
utter revulsion for it .

Somewhat remarkably, you have spelt "NETIQUETTE" right. Which makes me
wonder why you can't spell technology?

Old May 17th 06, 10:57 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

wrote:

This group is called 'ukcomp.vendors' is it not, It should be renamed to
'uk.usernet.etiquette' as it appears..

William I so pleased that you refrained from using what in my book is
the most stupid of words " NETIQUETTE" I know I haven't got the
spelling right but the mere thought of the stupid word makes me feel
utter revulsion for it .

Somewhat remarkably, you have spelt "NETIQUETTE" right. Which makes me
wonder why you can't spell technology?

Just a fluke. Even trolls have them occasionally. He didn't notice the
two mistakes in his short quote from William, though...

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old May 18th 06, 07:16 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

After replacing TMack with a small shell script on Wednesday 17 May 2006
22:23, the following appeared on stdout:

The issue isn't "netiquette", it is your attempts at deception. *On
this group honesty is a highly prized commodity so your lack of it is
bound to attract a bit of attention. *If you don't like it then please
take your custom elsewhere.

Indeed. The whole point of this entire debacle was that we expect
traders to be honest and trustworthy. If we, as a group, cannot show
that we are willing to follow the same guidelines, how can we expect to
criticise vendors operating without decency?

Once again, (to the OP, not Tony) had you stated your problems in an
honest manner and not been impatient for agreement or support, you
would have been informed of the myriad ways you could have dealt with
this issue regardless of any pseudonym you may have chosen to post
under. Consumers have many ways to redress the balance and members of
this group have much experience in most of them. Unfortunately, you
lost the right to receive the benefit of that experience when you
crossed the line into dishonesty.
--
Chronos

Old May 18th 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Bob Eager" wrote in message news:176uZD2KcidF-pn2-

Just a fluke. Even trolls have them occasionally. He didn't notice the
two mistakes in his short quote from William, though...

The funny thing is that I cannot recall "Dexter" (or whatever other names he
has used over the years) agreeing with anyone but himself. Hence, William,
Roger and Ahmed(!) are, quite probably, alter egos of Dexter. I imagine that
he has posted somewhere as Dexter vowing never to use Aria again so another
name (or 3) was needed when he succumbed to their low prices! Obviously
never bought a Digimate TFT monitor from Aria before or he wouldn't have
been surprised by a few dead pixels!!

Old May 18th 06, 04:25 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:16:32 +0100, Chronos
wrote:

Consumers have many ways to redress the balance and members of
this group have much experience in most of them.

I'm sure you have helped many in this NG, however I am fortunate in that I have
extensive experience myself and do not require assistance.... thanks.

Unfortunately, you lost the right to receive the benefit of that experience
when you crossed the line into dishonesty.

May I suggest you change that last word to 'devious' or something similar.
I do not accept that by using multiple alias I am dishonest and strongly resent
your slanderous suggestion that I am dishonest, and request you retract the
statement.

No no no no no you have not realized that the whole object of the
exorcise was to get AREA noticed for all the wrong reasons this the
guy has succeeded in doing .
Now regarding the use of different aliases again you just are not
thinking where I to post this here four , five, six times using this
alias you would think I had gone mad but using a different alias
it would not stand out so much .

At last someone has sussed out what I was endeavouring to do.
I have never requested assistance of any kind in this NG, or in any other for
that matter, and require none!
As a very dis-satisfied Aria customer I simply wished to shout out from the
rooftops as loud as possible what a rubbish company they were based on my own
experiences with them.
It probably achieved very little, yes it created a situation where dispersions
in this instance were made on my own character and I accept that, but it made
me feel better. Has one never had a bad experience with a company where you
felt like screaming loudly afterwards. As long as the allegations are true, no
offence has been committed. Yes it was childish and devious to use alias names,
but was it dishonest.. NO.

And AIS previously the ongoing discussion of whatever content posters submit
merely serves to ensure the ARIA subject line remains on-going, a situation
where Aria's reputation is possibly tarnished even more than I originally
intended myself. :-))

Kind regards

Bill
Old May 18th 06, 04:46 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

wrote:

Consumers have many ways to redress the balance and members of
this group have much experience in most of them.

I'm sure you have helped many in this NG, however I am fortunate in that
I have
extensive experience myself and do not require assistance.... thanks.

Only in your own mind by the looks of it.

Unfortunately, you lost the right to receive the benefit of that
experience
when you crossed the line into dishonesty.

May I suggest you change that last word to 'devious' or something similar.

Nope, "dishonest" seems perfectly appropriate in this instance.

I do not accept that by using multiple alias I am dishonest and strongly
resent
your slanderous suggestion that I am dishonest, and request you retract
the
statement.

You may want to do a little research on slander before you make an even
bigger fool out of yourself.

At the end of the day I suspect that your little rant has done nothing to
tarnish Aria's reputation, and would go so far as to suggest that it has
actually encouraged one or two people to place orders with them. If you
have something to say, by all means say it, but once you stoop to making
multiple posts, misrepresenting yourself as another person agreeing with
those posts, and all the other little "tactics" you've used, then you lose
all credibility.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old May 18th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"William" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 May 2006 07:16:32 +0100, Chronos
wrote:

SNIP!

Unfortunately, you lost the right to receive the benefit of that

experience
when you crossed the line into dishonesty.

May I suggest you change that last word to 'devious' or something similar.
I do not accept that by using multiple alias I am dishonest and strongly

resent
your slanderous suggestion that I am dishonest, and request you retract

the
statement.

Not only are you dishonest but you are obviously stupid too. Apart from the
fact that you are in no position to request anything, you have no
understanding of what "dishonest" means or of what "slanderous" means
either. If, as I suspect, you mean "libellous" rather than "slanderous"
then who exactly might have been libelled - Willaim, Bill, Roger Getteridge
or Ahmadinejad???? How do you think a court might view the use of
"dishonest" as a description of someone who has posed as 4 different people?

SNIP!

As long as the allegations are true, no
offence has been committed. Yes it was childish and devious to use alias

names,
but was it dishonest.. NO.

Yep, VERY stupid. If you tell lies, if you use deceit to try to achieve
your aims - that makes you dishonest. Its as simple as that.

--
Tony

Old May 18th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

"Bob Eager" wrote in message news:176uZD2KcidF-pn2-

Just a fluke. Even trolls have them occasionally. He didn't notice the
two mistakes in his short quote from William, though...

The funny thing is that I cannot recall "Dexter" (or whatever other names he
has used over the years) agreeing with anyone but himself. Hence, William,
Roger and Ahmed(!) are, quite probably, alter egos of Dexter. I imagine that
he has posted somewhere as Dexter vowing never to use Aria again so another
name (or 3) was needed when he succumbed to their low prices!

In this instance you are completely wrong again, Roger, and William are alias
which I used, William is my normal alias as my real name is Bill. The other
alias of Ahmed or whatever it was, was posted from this location by my son who
it seems thought it quite funny. I have already stated this previously and
expressed my regrets to the NG. What more do you want... BLOOD... :-(

Dexter and I are NOT one of the same person! FACT

Obviously never bought a Digimate TFT monitor from Aria before or he wouldn't have
been surprised by a few dead pixels!!

To clarify again! This was not a few dead pixels, on a 19" LCD most panels use
0.294mm pixels, so in effect they will be barely noticeable in the event one or
more are faulty, and can be considered acceptable...surely you will agree with
that.

However in this instance, the monitor they delivered had bright blue
permanently lit area's which were at least 1mm in size with another which was
almost 2mm in size. It looked like someone was shining a bright torch through
holes in the screen. Its obvious that it had clusters of adjacent faulty pixels
to be this bad.

I've had 2 previous monitors with bad pixels from Aria, and though not 100%
happy they were tolerable. My current Hyundai L90D+ (not from Aria)
fortunately has no bad pixels, its the luck of the draw.
The fact that there was permanent rubbing damage to the bad area of the screen
also suggested someone at Aria had attempted the old rubbing trick and had made
matters possibly worse. Quite simply it should not have been shipped.

What made me annoyed with Aria was the fact that on returning the monitor to
them (a round trip of 116 miles) they refused to even power up a replacement
unless I paid them £24-00 for their pre-check, and even had the audacity to
suggest that I would likely end up with a flawed monitor unless I paid up.
They dis-regarded the fact I had driven a long way to return it, I was simply
trying to ensure I did not have to return a second time.

So in effect.... one is very likely to have a faulty monitor from Aria unless
you pay £24 for their pre-check service.
IOW the buyer needs to add £24 to the total price and take account of this when
comparing prices with other companies which when taken in that context makes
Aria not so cheap.

Their attitude to customers stinks, please don't confuse this as just a few bad
pixel issues, it was not! I had a small computer business myself 30 yrs ago,
by the name of Dudley Micro Services, I'm sure some of the older members of
this NG would have heard of us, we used to design hardware for mainly the Acorn
range, Pet, and Nascom markets, software too.
I'm well used to handing out the spiel and dealing with occasional difficult
customers, and also knowing what is acceptable and what is not. However
companies who treat their customers in this manner deserve to go down.

This particular monitor was for a cheap system for a customer, but if I thought
this monitor was crap how could I possibly convince the guy who was buying it.
Cheap or not. It simply was not fit for sale.... and then to demand £24 to check
if their goods were faulty prior to buying was simply insulting, and then to
take almost 3 weeks to make the refund, its enough to make one annoyed.

I should have turned this into a book. :-))

Regards

Bill