Large file transfer windows -> Linux

Old September 29th 03, 12:17 PM
mslucas

Default Large file transfer windows -> Linux

Hello,

I have some large files on a windows 2000 server (8GB) and want them to be
copied using rsync to a linux server.

How can I do that?

The solution I tried is
mount -t smbfs //windows/c /mnt
and using rsync to copy everything from the smb-mountpoint to a local
filesystem

But I have trouble with copy a large file.
Does somebody know a solution for my problem?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maurice Lucas
TAOS-IT

Old September 29th 03, 03:13 PM
Wouter Goderis

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:17:15 +0200, "mslucas" wrote:

Hello,

I have some large files on a windows 2000 server (8GB) and want them to be
copied using rsync to a linux server.

But I have trouble with copy a large file.
Does somebody know a solution for my problem?

First question : has your linux machine lfs-support ?
take a look at http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Regs,
Wouter

Old October 1st 03, 09:06 AM
mslucas

"Wouter Goderis" schreef in bericht
On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:17:15 +0200, "mslucas" wrote:

Hello,

I have some large files on a windows 2000 server (8GB) and want them to

be
copied using rsync to a linux server.

But I have trouble with copy a large file.
Does somebody know a solution for my problem?

First question : has your linux machine lfs-support ?
take a look at http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Yes, I have LFS support.

Maurice Lucas

Old October 5th 03, 09:00 PM
fx

mslucas wrote:
I have some large files on a windows 2000 server (8GB) and want them to be
copied using rsync to a linux server.

How can I do that?

The solution I tried is
mount -t smbfs //windows/c /mnt
and using rsync to copy everything from the smb-mountpoint to a local
filesystem

But I have trouble with copy a large file.
Does somebody know a solution for my problem?

No a direct answer to your problem but do you know you can run
a rsync "client" on the windows machine and thus avoid having to
go trough a SMB mount?

This is the URL I used when I did this long time ago :
http://optics.ph.unimelb.edu.au/help...rsync_pc1.html

Hth.
fx

--