How to measure Explosive Bomb

Old September 28th 18, 03:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default How to measure Explosive Bomb

About knocked me out of bed.

Lightning hit somewhere in the backyard.

Blew up my motherboard. Power supply still works good, drives good.
Keyboard and mouse OK. Everything off a wall socket, including the
monitor is OK.

My PCI soundcard quit or got blown up, the cable modem was history,
wouldn't power up.

MB, memory, CPU no longer works - CPU cooler fan still spins up, but
that's it.

I think the coax network cable, off the power line pole, carried part
of the lightning charge 1) into the devastated modem, and through the
modem's back RJ-45 network cable, into my now devastated MB.

A more moral story would be to go out and buy, then try as an offering
to Father Zeus, a WiFi wireless network propagator between the modem
and a computer receiver.

Or a extra and spare computer will work until it doesn't.

See you at under Wailing Tree for the Rites of Lamentations. Have a
better one.
Old September 28th 18, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

On 9/28/2018 10:32 PM, Flasherly wrote:
About knocked me out of bed.

Lightning hit somewhere in the backyard.

Blew up my motherboard. Power supply still works good, drives good.
Keyboard and mouse OK. Everything off a wall socket, including the
monitor is OK.

That's NOT a bomb. It's called a power surge. It's just high voltage
electricity!

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):
Old September 28th 18, 03:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:32:59 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

Or a extra and spare computer will work until it doesn't.

I'm also learning more and more about why SSDs suck at the hardware
level of controller chipsets. It's like this: if you like a horse and
cart to get from point A to B, fine: Same thing with a mechanical HDD.
Old September 28th 18, 03:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 22:52:37 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

That's NOT a bomb. It's called a power surge. It's just high voltage
electricity!

You may get in line, like everyone else, to plead your case to Hades.
He may let you sit in the holding-room to further contemplate either
the after-effects wattage or current.
Old September 28th 18, 03:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default Electricity surge is NOT a bomb

wrote:

That's NOT a bomb. It's called a power surge. It's just high voltage
electricity!

You may get in line, like everyone else, to plead your case to Hades.
He may let you sit in the holding-room to further contemplate either
the after-effects wattage or current.

I just wanna point out that a electricity surge is not a bomb.

Old September 28th 18, 05:13 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 22:58:51 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

I just wanna point out that a electricity surge is not a bomb.

bomb-
– origin late 17th cent.: from French bombe, from Italian bomba,
probably from Latin bombus ‘booming, humming’, from Greek bombos, of
imitative origin.

Yes, it is: 'Imitative' being conjecturally the simulacrum of wider
perception and applicability for quantifying its validity.

-
Btw- as per our earlier discussion on "getting a grip".

I found the solution: Save your old leather belts. I break mine
periodically from sweat and exertion, usually at the buckle, buckle
fastening and linking adjustment eye holes. Note if the belt is
stitched horizontally for the entire width.

If so, you needn't a skiver, simply to take a razor and try and slide
it between the middle of the belt's thickness and cut the stitching:
That thickness is comprised of two pieces of hide glued together.
Develop purchase and pull them forcefully apart. You'll then have two
lengths of leather straps half the thickness of the original belt.

Take some strong tape, a few inches and hardly too wide, to secure one
end of the strap to one end of an iron bar, a convenient sword or mace
handle, pike or spear, and begin, pulling hard and tightly on each
subsequent wrap, comprising the circumference of one wrap around the
bar handle, by a third or less overlap, up to abut the strap sides,
until the strap is in place for a strong and immovable grip. Finish
the final wrap with a much longer but not wider strip of strong
polymer tape, to secure it.

A hard pull and feel near to the leather breaking, and that leather
isn't going anywhere nowhere in a hurry. I prefer a little overlap;-
a smaller hand grip, deference or considerations may not.

Think of all the money you'll now save by not having to employ agents
to canvass the base of volcanoes for lava rock to grind off hand
calluses;- the women in the harem will applaud your degree of
discrimination.
Old September 28th 18, 05:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Cows are Nice

On 09/28/2018 07:52 AM, Mr. Man-wai Chang wrote:
On 9/28/2018 10:32 PM, Flasherly wrote:
About knocked me out of bed.

Lightning hit somewhere in the backyard.

Blew up my motherboard. Power supply still works good, drives
good. Keyboard and mouse OK. Everything off a wall socket,
including the monitor is OK. ....

That's NOT a bomb. It's called a power surge. It's just high voltage
electricity!

You've probably seen that an LED flashlight (torch) beam, focused to a
tight point, produces a square spot of light. Just like the chip that
emitted it.
Similarly, this lightning bolt came out of a square cloud.