Good Quality Paper

Old October 7th 18, 01:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jeff Gaines

Default Good Quality Paper

I want to print some inserts for my Filofax and the normal copying paper I
have is a bit coarse. Normal Filofax paper seems to be around 75 GSM and
has a slightly silky (not quite shiny) surface.

I'm struggling to find paper like that - I want A4 as I print in columns
then cut in half to get A5. All the searches return either pile it high
sell it cheap stuff or photographic quality (too stiff) paper.

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
That's an amazing invention but who would ever want to use one of them?
Old October 7th 18, 02:16 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

On 10/7/2018 8:18 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote:

I want to print some inserts for my Filofax and the normal copying paper
I have is a bit coarse. Normal Filofax paper seems to be around 75 GSM
and has a slightly silky (not quite shiny) surface.

I'm struggling to find paper like that - I want A4 as I print in columns
then cut in half to get A5. All the searches return either pile it high
sell it cheap stuff or photographic quality (too stiff) paper.

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

If you to to an office supply store like Staples, Office Depot, etc.
check them. They have several different weights of papers. The grade
that we use is for business cards is identified as Card Stock, and the
one we use for brochures is Brochure Stock. Each is slightly different
weight.

There are also several types of surface for the different paper, Matte,
Glossy, Etc.

Take a sample of what your would like and ask a sales person.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Old October 7th 18, 08:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jeff Gaines

On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

If you to to an office supply store like Staples, Office Depot, etc. check
them

Oh my goodness, you mean physically go to a shop, that's really novel now,
I only ever physically go to the petrol station, I'll have to think it
through!

Good idea though, thank you :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
All things being equal, fat people use more soap
Old October 7th 18, 08:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

On 10/7/2018 3:00 PM, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

If you to to an office supply store like Staples, Office Depot, etc.
check them

Oh my goodness, you mean physically go to a shop, that's really novel
now, I only ever physically go to the petrol station, I'll have to think
it through!

Good idea though, thank you :-)

Do you have Staples or Office Depot in the UK?

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Old October 7th 18, 09:22 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jeff Gaines

On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

Do you have Staples or Office Depot in the UK?

We have Staples, Office Depot is online only. Nearest Staples is about an
hour away in the nearest big town :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
Though no-one can go back and make a new start, everyone can start from
Old October 7th 18, 10:18 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

On 10/7/2018 4:22 PM, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:

Do you have Staples or Office Depot in the UK?

We have Staples, Office Depot is online only. Nearest Staples is about
an hour away in the nearest big town :-)

Many years ago I had to go to Osaka Japan for the company I worked for.
We got in at night. As I got ready to go out the next morning I
speculated on how long I would walk before I saw something obviously
American. It was about 2 block before I saw the first Shakey's Pizza.

It is amazing how uniform our world is becoming.

--
2018: The year we learn to play the great game of Euchre
Old October 8th 18, 04:39 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Eli the Bearded

In comp.periphs.printers, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 10/7/2018 3:00 PM, Jeff Gaines wrote:
On 07/10/2018 in message Keith Nuttle wrote:
If you to to an office supply store like Staples, Office Depot, etc.
check them

Oh my goodness, you mean physically go to a shop, that's really novel
now, I only ever physically go to the petrol station, I'll have to think
it through!
Good idea though, thank you :-)

Do you have Staples or Office Depot in the UK?

Myself, I'd go to Kelly Paper, but it appears that it is a predominantly
west coast US chain. My nearest one has more paper than you can shake a
stick at, samples of most papers they carry, and staff that is knowledgable
about their products.

Over at Office Depot (slightly closer), there's only a stick-shaking
quantity of paper, and the staff has no idea what any of it is like.

I think you want to find the local equivilent of a Kelly Paper.

Elijah
------
buys plain paper from Kelly or Office Depot, and specialty stuff from Kelly
Old October 8th 18, 08:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jeff Gaines

On 08/10/2018 in message Eli the Bearded wrote:

Myself, I'd go to Kelly Paper, but it appears that it is a predominantly
west coast US chain.

My Filofax was made in England but exported to the USA where it sat on a
shelf unsold. It was one of only three I could find (anywhere in the
world) in the colour I wanted so I took a chance and bought it from a shop
in Studio City, CA, using eBay Global Shipping. I should have asked the
supplier to send some paper with it :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
Old October 8th 18, 10:46 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Bennett

On 10/7/2018 5:18 AM, Jeff Gaines wrote:

I want to print some inserts for my Filofax and the normal copying paper
I have is a bit coarse. Normal Filofax paper seems to be around 75 GSM
and has a slightly silky (not quite shiny) surface.

I'm struggling to find paper like that - I want A4 as I print in columns
then cut in half to get A5. All the searches return either pile it high
sell it cheap stuff or photographic quality (too stiff) paper.

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

Perhaps send a note to the paper company(ies) and ask for advice.
Old November 11th 18, 10:37 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David Rance[_3_]

On Sun, 7 Oct 2018 12:18:39 Jeff Gaines wrote:

I want to print some inserts for my Filofax and the normal copying
paper I have is a bit coarse. Normal Filofax paper seems to be around
75 GSM and has a slightly silky (not quite shiny) surface.

I'm struggling to find paper like that - I want A4 as I print in
columns then cut in half to get A5. All the searches return either pile
it high sell it cheap stuff or photographic quality (too stiff) paper.

Any suggestions appreciated :-)

For filofax pages the best I could get was from Viking-direct.co.uk.

David