OMG!!!!!

Old January 25th 04, 03:03 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

"Parish" wrote in message
Now we know for certain that this country has gone stark staring mad......

http://tinyurl.com/2teet

Time to buy that delapidated farmhouse in France methinks.

Personally, I think Microsoft was the best thing that ever happened to the
world of computing and he deserves such an honour.

g.

Old January 25th 04, 03:14 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Blackthorn" wrote:

Actually Gates plans to give most of his money away.

That'll be far more credible if he actually does it. I plan to fly to the
moon by flapping my arms quickly.

Given he's already donated around $25billion to the foundation there's
little reason to believe he won't.

Good luck with the moon landing.

--
iv Paul iv

Old January 25th 04, 03:17 PM
Paul Hopwood

duck wrote:

Yes, he plans to give [some of] his money away, but that money was
obtained dishonestly. If earn millions and millions through bribery and
donate half of it to charity, it makes me no less dishonest.

I'd wager a guess and say most of it was actually due to people buying
Microsoft products.

While people may have their own opinions of him and his company they
*do* have a choice and there are viable alternatives. He's simply got
rich being good at what every other business tries to do; sell lots of
products to people who want to buy them!

--
iv Paul iv

Old January 25th 04, 03:46 PM
Andrew Ratcliffe

"Fat Freddy's Cat" wrote in message

"Parish" wrote in message
Now we know for certain that this country has gone stark staring

mad......

http://tinyurl.com/2teet

Time to buy that delapidated farmhouse in France methinks.

Personally, I think Microsoft was the best thing that ever happened to the
world of computing and he deserves such an honour.

g.

Dude, you're damn right! I wonder how many of the people who posted along
the lines of him being a money-grabbing ******* used Windows/Outlook to post
it...
--
Andrew

NOTE: Return E-mail address is a spam-trap and does not get read!

Old January 25th 04, 04:13 PM
Colin Wilson

Dude, you're damn right! I wonder how many of the people who posted along
the lines of him being a money-grabbing ******* used Windows/Outlook to post
it...

How many actually PAID for it though ;-)

Old January 25th 04, 05:05 PM
Andrew Ratcliffe

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...
Dude, you're damn right! I wonder how many of the people who posted

along
the lines of him being a money-grabbing ******* used Windows/Outlook to

post
it...

How many actually PAID for it though ;-)

Hehe true! However, that just makes it even more ironic to call him a money
grabbing ******* though doesn't it?!!

Old January 25th 04, 06:02 PM
duck

"Parish" wrote in message

Personally, I think Microsoft was the best thing that ever happened to
the world of computing and he deserves such an honour.

How many copies of the Swen virus have you received? I've had to set up a
filter to delete copies off of my email account before I retrieve my email
because it takes too long to download them all.

(In fact, I just checked the logs for my mail filter - it's deleted
1669 copies of Swen since October. And this doesn't include the ones that
get through and the hundreds of copies I downloaded before I decided to
install a filter).

I used to be subscribed to the debian-user mailing list, but I was
automatically unsubscribed from it because my (10MB) mailbox was
constantly full of copies of Swen.

How many spam messages have you received coming from compromised Windows
hosts?

I personally think Windows is the worst thing to happen to computing.

Dude, you're damn right! I wonder how many of the people who posted along
the lines of him being a money-grabbing ******* used Windows/Outlook to
post it...

Personally, I didn't. I'm using the Pan newsreader on Debian.

Old January 25th 04, 06:22 PM
marvin

I'd wager a guess and say most of it was actually due to people buying
Microsoft products.

Yeah that would be the dishonesty bit!

--
Don't feel you have to take any notice of me, please

Old January 25th 04, 06:31 PM
Andrew Ratcliffe

news

"Parish" wrote in message

Personally, I think Microsoft was the best thing that ever happened to
the world of computing and he deserves such an honour.

How many copies of the Swen virus have you received? I've had to set up a
filter to delete copies off of my email account before I retrieve my email
because it takes too long to download them all.

Personally I never get any viruses. This is because I have good AV software,
and I never give out my e-mail address to anyone except friends. I would
never post it to usenet!

Of course all of what you say is true. But as with anything that is the
dominant on the planet all the assholes out there try their best to hack
it/steal it/destroy it simply because of the huge target potential...

Old January 25th 04, 07:08 PM
lbockhed

"Parish" wrote in message
Now we know for certain that this country has gone stark staring mad......

http://tinyurl.com/2teet

Time to buy that delapidated farmhouse in France methinks.

maybe the tight scot got a good deal on MS products at the treasury, always
looking to cut costs that fella