15" LCD (Samsung/LG) - Anyone got them in stock?

Old November 14th 03, 01:03 PM
Chris

Default 15" LCD (Samsung/LG) - Anyone got them in stock?

Does anyone know where I can get a 15" LCD (specifically the Samsung 152V or
LG 1510S)?

Nowhere (Dabs/Ebuyer/Simply/High Street) seems to have these, or any others
really, in stock and no sign of any stock coming.

Anyone know why the shortage?

Thanks

Chris

Old November 14th 03, 02:08 PM
fred

In article , Chris
writes
Does anyone know where I can get a 15" LCD (specifically the Samsung 152V or
LG 1510S)?

Nowhere (Dabs/Ebuyer/Simply/High Street) seems to have these, or any others
really, in stock and no sign of any stock coming.

Lots of Samsungs on display at my local John Lewis (Glasgow) at what seemed a
very reasonable price, which I sadly can't remember at the mo . . . .
--
fred
Old November 14th 03, 02:15 PM
Chris

Lots of Samsungs on display at my local John Lewis (Glasgow) at what
seemed a
very reasonable price, which I sadly can't remember at the mo . . . .

Thanks but I'm in Cambridge :-) Need somewhere local or mail order. My JL
also had some but they've since sold out, and their web store has none.

Chris

Old November 14th 03, 04:19 PM
Chris

Well I'm told there's a world shortage of 15/17" panels. I have managed to
order the 152S from Digi-Uk though.

Incidentally, in a world of cr@p IT vendors can I just sing the praises of
Digi-Uk. They managed to reply to several emails, each in about an hour
(try that with some), gave me honest advice about their ability to supply
products (others take note), and their prices (which are reasonable) include
next day delivery at no extra cost! wow!

Chris

Old November 14th 03, 11:22 PM
Gizmo

"Chris" wrote in message
Well I'm told there's a world shortage of 15/17" panels. I have managed

order the 152S from Digi-Uk though.

Incidentally, in a world of cr@p IT vendors can I just sing the praises of
Digi-Uk. They managed to reply to several emails, each in about an hour
(try that with some), gave me honest advice about their ability to supply
products (others take note), and their prices (which are reasonable)

include
next day delivery at no extra cost! wow!

I'll second that.
I bought my Samsung 191T from DigiUK. Absolutely spot on vendor, good
"unpushy" impartial advice, free next day delivery, and good prices.
Highly recommend !

Old November 17th 03, 07:21 PM
Alec

"Chris" wrote in message
Lots of Samsungs on display at my local John Lewis (Glasgow) at what

seemed a
very reasonable price, which I sadly can't remember at the mo . . . .

Thanks but I'm in Cambridge :-) Need somewhere local or mail order. My

JL
also had some but they've since sold out, and their web store has none.

Argos at Cambridge Retail Park has in stock now a Samsung 15" TFT at £229.99
(catalogue number 676/4515). Their latest catalogue also shows LG 15" at
£249.99 and 17" at 299.99. Check stock at www.argos.co.uk

Alec