Good Vendors / Bad Vendors.

Old August 9th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Black Shuck

Default Good Vendors / Bad Vendors.

I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what trends
there are.

My Generally Good List:

Misco
NovaTech
CCL
Microdirect
Komplett

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer
Overclockers
Aria
Scan

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-1, 08/09/2006
Tested on: 8/9/2006 8:21:54 PM

Old August 9th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Andrew

"Black Shuck" wrote in message
newsp.td06qscsmmxwtf@mark-pc...
I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what trends
there are.

My Generally Good List:

Misco
NovaTech
CCL
Microdirect
Komplett

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer
Overclockers
Aria
Scan

I've never had any 'major' problems with any established Vendor. I
always use a credit card or small claims to resolve any problem should i
have one. It amazes me the drama some people get themselves into with
vendors.

Old August 9th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Krustov

uk.comp.vendors
Black Shuck
Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:21:54 +0100
op.td06qscsmmxwtf@mark-pc

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer

I've never had any problems with ebuyer and most people are probably the
same , Humans work for large companys and humans make mistakes .

Unlike yourself - not every human can be 100% perfect 100% of the time .

--
Test your skill and knowledge
www.emailuser.co.uk/carquiz_thumbnails.php
Old August 9th 06, 09:10 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Krustov

uk.comp.vendors
Andrew
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 21:02:31 +0100

I've never had any 'major' problems with any established Vendor. I
always use a credit card or small claims to resolve any problem should i
have one. It amazes me the drama some people get themselves into with
vendors.

Some people are special and if theres a problem - they take it personal
as its done on purpose to them :-)

Old August 10th 06, 01:08 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
David Baxter

Black Shuck wrote:
I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what
trends there are.

My Generally Good List:

Novatech
SVP
Consumable Cafe
7DayShop
eBuyer (got through to support within 5 minutes each time I called)
Scan (tho no experience with their returns/support depts)

My Avoid At All Costs List

Overclockers (utterly abysmal customer service)

Dave
--
(remove spamblock or reply to group)
Old August 10th 06, 10:50 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
peter

Black Shuck wrote:
I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what trends
there are.

My first choice (dependable / good CS) suppliers:

Misco
Crucial
Videk
7dayshop

My OK / 'no problem with' list:

Ebuyer
Novatech
Broadbandbuyer
Refreshcomputers
Kustompcs
ITDealers
Expansys
Pixmania
Keene electronics

My Avoid list:

Tekheads (sold my details to spammers)
MX2 (Ignored my requests to cancel a backorder for out of stock items
and sent me the stuff 2 weeks later)
Overclockers.co.uk
Zebracomputers (spammers)
Evesham / lowestonweb.com (spammers)
Watford / Savastore (non-existant CS)
DABS
Anyone who uses Securicor Omega for delivery

Old August 10th 06, 11:04 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Vittorio Janus

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 20:21:54 +0100, "Black Shuck"
wrote:

I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what trends
there are.

My Generally Good List:

Misco
NovaTech
CCL
Microdirect
Komplett

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer
Overclockers
Aria
Scan

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0632-1, 08/09/2006
Tested on: 8/9/2006 8:21:54 PM

I would add
My Only Use If You Really Must List
DABS

(Most of the time very good BUT they are just too much hassle if
something goes wrong outside the 1st month)

Regards,
vj
Old August 10th 06, 12:18 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
peter

peter wrote:
Black Shuck wrote:
[...]

Missed these 2 off my 1st Choice list:
Dorothy for fans - http://www.dorothybradbury.co.uk/
and slightly OT but worth a mention - Odie for data recovery -
http://www.retrodata.co.uk/ (though fortunately I haven't needed his
services yet)

Old August 10th 06, 04:53 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Don Lancaster

Black Shuck wrote:
I have used a few over the years, and see a pattern, I'm sure every
company has their bad days, but perhaps we should try and see what
trends there are.

My Generally Good List:

Misco
NovaTech
CCL
Microdirect
Komplett

My Avoid At All Costs List

Ebuyer
Overclockers
Aria
Scan

My list is the similar except I'll use Ebuyer if there are savings,
£10+, to be saved. Also on the Good List I'll quote...

http://svp.co.uk/

http://www.dunningcomputers.co.uk/

http://www.fujifilm.co.uk/shop/

Old August 20th 06, 04:57 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

My Good List

SVP
Novatech
Komplett

My avoid list

Stuff-uk (refusal to refund on an item clearly covered by the distance
selling regs, even after requests from trading standards)