NAS, how to make a choice

Old February 12th 09, 02:21 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
chriske911

Default NAS, how to make a choice

I am looking into the choice between netapp FAS2020 and EMC NX4 or
NS120

it will be used to host our VMWare environment that holds around 20
servers with low processing and low IOPS
the plan is to host our more demanding servers in the last Q of this
year, those would be a number of SQL servers and 1 exchange server

the proposed storage so far is 11 disks of 450GB for EMC or 12 disks of
300GB for NetApp

all of this is servicing a middle sized company with about 150 users

what is my best option and because of the crisis the most reasonably
priced?

thnx

Old February 13th 09, 02:28 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
kushalshah

Hi Chris

if you are open to look at other VMware centified storage than there
would be lot of other options available.

Kushal

Old February 16th 09, 11:25 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
chriske911

kushalshah wrote :
[...]

well, I am but it also lengthens the project
I need to make sure we reach a decision before the end of february
management tends to stick to proven solutions

if you can give me solid alternatives I will sure look into it
mind you that I must be able to get a quote from a near belgium based
reseller

thnx

Old February 16th 09, 04:34 PM posted to comp.arch.storage
Cydrome Leader

chriske911 wrote:
kushalshah wrote :
[...]

then netapp, emc or hds is what you want. There's lots of fly by night
storage vendors, almost all fail, or have junk that doesn't work in the
first place.

I'd steer towards netapp though for something so small though.

AMD CPU choice JEH Homebuilt PC's 22 September 26th 07 09:34 AM
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD? Bun Mui Cdr 2 May 21st 06 10:33 PM
Cpu choice Time Traveler Homebuilt PC's 13 February 6th 06 04:46 PM
If you had the a choice.. which would you get??? Michael Tipotsch Nvidia Videocards 0 December 6th 05 10:38 AM
Hello. Which of these two is the best choice????? Les Nvidia Videocards 2 August 16th 04 09:45 PM