ghost on a Dell Server with hardware raid ??

Old October 20th 03, 10:04 PM
Al Dykes

Default ghost on a Dell Server with hardware raid ??

I have a new Dell server with hardware raid and w2k. When it boots it
goes thru the bios to see the two 80G disks as one mirror set.
I want to put a cheap IDE disk in this machine and use Ghost to do
quick image backups prior to risky acts, like installing service
packs.

Is there any reason why this shouldn't work ?

Thanks

--
Al Dykes

Old October 21st 03, 03:22 AM
TeKn0

It will work provided your boot disk or PXE image has the ability to load
the PERC drivers so that Ghost can see the disk to clone. I do this fairly
often to roll out 1550 and 1650's in web farms. My source is an external
USB drive. It's portable, fast and you don't have to crack the case to get
it online. You might look into the USB vs internal IDE.

--T