HP 5L fuser resistance

Old August 28th 03, 02:16 AM
Chris

Default HP 5L fuser resistance

What should the resistance of the fixing heater be? This one measures about
34 ohms.

Chris

Old August 28th 03, 06:30 PM
Gert van den Heuvel

"Chris" wrote in
hlink.net:

What should the resistance of the fixing heater be? This one measures
about 34 ohms.

Chris

Hi Chris,

The resistance should be 30 +/- 10 ohms. So 34 ohms sounds fine.

HTH,

--
Gert van den Heuvel
webmaster www.HobbyElectronics.info
Old August 28th 03, 07:32 PM
Chris

Thanks. The top and bottom lights come on when the button is pushed. I also
watched the voltage to the heater. It's only on for a second or so but it
looks to be around 100V. If the heater is good and getting power, is the
temp sensor at fault?

Chris
"Gert van den Heuvel" wrote in
message . 6.83...
"Chris" wrote in
hlink.net:

Old August 28th 03, 08:58 PM
Gert van den Heuvel

"Chris" wrote in
link.net:

Thanks. The top and bottom lights come on when the button is pushed. I
also watched the voltage to the heater. It's only on for a second or
so but it looks to be around 100V. If the heater is good and getting
power, is the temp sensor at fault?

Chris

Yes, it's very well possible that the sensor is defective.
Top and bottom lights means a fuser error. We already know that the heater
is OK, so remove the thermistor (temperature feedback) connector and
measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2. Normal resistance is 440K ohms
+/- 30K at 20 degrees C.

Old August 30th 03, 06:24 PM
Chris

I found a fuser from a Canon CFX-L3500 fax and it works. I think the part
numbers are different but are the specs similar?

Chris

"Gert van den Heuvel" wrote in
message . 6.84...
"Chris" wrote in
link.net:

Old August 31st 03, 01:20 PM
Gert van den Heuvel

"Chris" wrote in
ink.net:

I found a fuser from a Canon CFX-L3500 fax and it works. I think the
part numbers are different but are the specs similar?

Chris

Yes, it's very well possible that the sensor is defective.
Top and bottom lights means a fuser error. We already know that the
heater is OK, so remove the thermistor (temperature feedback)
connector and measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2. Normal
resistance is 440K

ohms
+/- 30K at 20 degrees C.

--
Gert van den Heuvel
webmaster www.HobbyElectronics.info

I dunno. I don't have the specs for that fax. But you could measure the
resistance of the heater and the thermistor and check if those are within
the specs of your HP.

--
Gert van den Heuvel
webmaster www.HobbyElectronics.info

need help HP laserjet III error 50 Chuck Printers 2 August 26th 03 05:03 AM
Dataproducts LZR 960 Fuser problem glasnostJDC Printers 1 August 25th 03 06:19 AM
Xerox 4230 printer/ toner and fuser cartridges/service manual Bastian Kruse Printers 0 August 14th 03 10:11 PM
Fuser too cold santa General 3 July 9th 03 10:13 AM
Laserjet 6L fuser error [email protected] Printers 2 July 8th 03 08:14 AM