Shall I give up trying to get the RT.X100 to work with this system?

Old April 12th 05, 08:16 PM
billmotley

Default Shall I give up trying to get the RT.X100 to work with this system?

After much tweaking, some phone support and a lot of fresh
reinstallation work, the symptoms are worse now than when first
installed.

This card was installed with capturing analogue video in mind and that
is
all that I have attempted to do. I do not currently have a camera or
other DV input device that could be used to test DV input.

Premiere Pro 1.5 works fine if the RT.X100 is uninstalled. With the
card
installed, simply opening the capture window causes symptoms such as
mouse jitters, and halting movements when doing a click-&-drag.
Attempting to capture anything results in a multitude of dropped
frames.

When the card was first configured there were a few dropped frames
during
capture, then the program would generally freeze upon hitting
"Esc",
"s", or the stop button. About 1 in 3 attempts to capture 30-minute
streams were successful enough, with only a few dropped frames per run.
I could at least piece together a project. Not any longer.

The best capture success was made after removing the Intel Application
Accelerator in favor of using the native Windows XP Raid Controller.
One hour of S-Video was captured without dropped frames. While that
captured stream was conforming to Premiere, I began another capture
process. Doing this seemed to cause the conform process to freeze. Once
the 2nd capture process was aborted, the first stream was able to
finish conforming. From that point on, any attempt to use the capture
mechanism has resulted in the halting mouse, etc, and eventual freeze
up of Premiere.

Any ideas, questions, instructions? Welcome.

Bill Motley

DancingOutlaw.com

Motherboard: Intel PCIe D915PBL , very similar to the Matrox
recommended D915PCM & D915GEV boards.
Processor: P4 3.4 GHz, HT enabled
Memory: 3GB Kingston DDR2

Drives all SATA, all defragmented, all with more than 75% free space,
DMA Enabled
System: 74gh 10000 rpm
AV: RAID 0, 2x250gh, 7500 rpm, XP controlled (No Intel Application
Accelerator)
Export: 34gh, 10000 rpm

Sound Card: Creative Blaster Live 24-bit (native card disabled in BIOS)
Display Card: PCIe nVIDIA G-Force 6200, 128mb, Dual Head (moved to PCI
Slot 3 from Slot 1 and set as default in BIOS)
Monitors: 1 VGA, 1 DVI
Mouse/Keyboard: PS/2
USB Disabled in BIOS

Installation & update order -
BIOS updated with Intel's Express Bios Update
OS: XP Pro SP2 Build 2600, fresh install & updates
Editing: Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
Captu RT.X100 Extreme Card (removed hidden files before reinstall)
X.tools 6122 Hotfix2 PCI Optimizer

Premiere Settings:
Preset: Matrox DV & DVCAM Standard
Auto Save: Disabled