Anyone used MIS Archival Inks?

Old January 3rd 05, 06:19 AM

Default Anyone used MIS Archival Inks?

Mark Swinkels wrote:
MIS Associates http://www.missupply.com advertises archival inks for

Epson
printers which they claim are waterproof and lightfast. Has anyone

tried
them? I'm mostly interested in the waterproof aspects. I am printing
materials that will be used outdoors.

-- Mark

I just started using them (the UT7 set for the Epson 2200) and like the
results so far. As far as waterproof and lightfastness is concerned, I
just know what MIS advertises. However, I have come across several
websites (sorry I can't remember what they are) where professional
printers/photographers use MIS as their choice for monotone printing on
the Epsons. I hope the product lives up to its advertising because I
have finally found a way to get great black and white prints from my
2200. Their main website is www.inksupply.com
-Ben

Old January 3rd 05, 09:16 AM
Ryadia

wrote in message
oups.com...

I just started using them (the UT7 set for the Epson 2200) and like the
results so far. As far as waterproof and lightfastness is concerned, I
just know what MIS advertises. However, I have come across several
websites (sorry I can't remember what they are) where professional
printers/photographers use MIS as their choice for monotone printing on
the Epsons. I hope the product lives up to its advertising because I
have finally found a way to get great black and white prints from my
2200. Their main website is www.inksupply.com
-Ben

Their inks are supposedly the same as Epson's, from the same source. I sure
as hell have major concerns about their Continious flow systems for Epson.
Their crap killed a new printer of mine and destroyed a new desk when they
spewed their contents everywhere. It totally killed the printer and they
refused to accept any responsibility for the rubish they sell. Totally
disreputable company. Stay well away from them.
Doug

Old January 3rd 05, 01:17 PM

Hi,
Here is my $.02...I bought their archival cartridges for my Epson C82.
Every other time I used the printer...I had to do a cleaning cycle
because of banding.
They do not stand behind their products and make you jump through hoops
to stall any compensation.
Also, these archival inks run in water (I was told it was the
paper-even though Epsons ink will NOT run on the same paper)

Now I buy black carts from PrintPal and color from Items123...no
problems so far!

b_d

Old January 3rd 05, 09:12 PM
BF

Mark Swinkels wrote:

[...]

Although not considered archival ink I have used MIS for a couple years
now on my canon printer. Colors are perfect with minimal head clogs. I
have saved more than the price of a new printer in ink costs. I also did
a test and water doesn't seem to have any effect on this ink either.
Totally happy with MIS, but I haven't had any major problems either.