NetApp 810 Documentations

Old September 9th 03, 07:49 PM

Default NetApp 810 Documentations

Hello,
I am looking for any online documentations or info on
NetApp 810 Filers( install guide, admin guide,...).
Pleae let me know if you are aware of any online web pages.
I do not have any manuals and have to administer one.
Thanks for any input.

Julia K.
Old September 9th 03, 08:23 PM
Eddie

Hi Julia,

Create an online account with NetApp's NOW (see NetApp's site). There you'll
find some docs (I admit they're not very generous with it).

Regards,
Eddie

m...

Old September 10th 03, 02:27 AM
Simon Lyall

In comp.unix.admin Eddie wrote:
Create an online account with NetApp's NOW (see NetApp's site). There you'll
find some docs (I admit they're not very generous with it).

Now.netapp.com isn't too bad. I find I have to look through about 3
documents to find anything specific though and they could be a little
better. One great thing I found on the NOW site was this page:

http://now.netapp.com/NOW/cgi-bin/metrics?

Which tells you how many sites/boxes are running each release version (and
the average uptime). Really good for planning upgrades. Other vendors
might look at something similar although with Cisco most people will need
their local "CCIE IOS Version Number Specialization" guy to understand it.

The main gripe I have about netapp is their web interface is pretty dodgy,
It likes to spawn java, javascript and other such crap. A really pain if
your not running the latest version of IE ( I'm assuming it works with
IE). I can't even works out why it needs all the junk since it's only
displaying pretty plain stuff. Probably some stray marketing drone thought
it was a good idea.

The command line interface almost makes up for it though, it pretty nice.

--
Simon J. Lyall | Very Busy | Mail:
"Inside me Im Screaming, Nobody pays any attention." | eMT.

"Those who sacrifice sound quality for hard disk space deserve neither."