Thinking about Online Backup Over the Internet

Old September 4th 03, 06:25 PM
Jason James

Default Thinking about Online Backup Over the Internet

Hi,

I'm interested in hearing experiences with online backup providers,
positive, negative or otherwise. We're a small company with almost
200GB of data on Solaris and Win2K servers that we have been backing
up to tape. We are investigating online backup services offered by
EVault, LiveVault, and Managed Storage, among others.

What are your thoughts on these services? Have you considered them or
are you using them?

I apologize if this is posted to the wrong newsgroup or already
discussed at length.

Regards,
Jason
Old September 4th 03, 07:13 PM
Rob Turk

"Jason James" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

I'm interested in hearing experiences with online backup providers,
positive, negative or otherwise. We're a small company with almost
200GB of data on Solaris and Win2K servers that we have been backing
up to tape. We are investigating online backup services offered by
EVault, LiveVault, and Managed Storage, among others.

What are your thoughts on these services? Have you considered them or
are you using them?

I apologize if this is posted to the wrong newsgroup or already
discussed at length.

Regards,
Jason

Whenever you get into a discussion with them, ask them to describe the
process when you terminate the contract with them. Getting your data in is
easy. Getting it back out is an entirely different story.

Rob

Dell 8300 Internet Connection Charlie Chapman Dell Computers 5 February 1st 04 11:55 PM
FTP attempts causes Internet Connection loss Mattrixx General 3 December 3rd 03 04:42 PM
MS Backup Problem Allen Weiner Cdr 1 October 3rd 03 11:09 PM
Ahead Neo and Symantec Norton Ghost for Backup Avi Nahir Cdr 1 September 5th 03 11:23 PM
Backup Small Office Data Jim Turner General 6 August 17th 03 09:31 PM