Recommend a laser printer?

Old December 3rd 07, 11:10 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
SC

Default Recommend a laser printer?

I want to get one that can do at least 20 ppm, double sided capabilities,
and offer wireless connectivity for home use on a network. Will be used by
two working professionals. The toner should also not cost a bundle, either.

TIA for your suggestions.

SC

Old December 5th 07, 09:54 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Benwa

Look at the Brother HL-4070CDW.
I own the Brother MFC-9840,which also would fill the bill,along with it
being a scanner,copier and fax.

Old December 7th 07, 01:48 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Beardmore

In message , SC
writes

I want to get one that can do at least 20 ppm, double sided capabilities,
and offer wireless connectivity for home use on a network. Will be used by
two working professionals. The toner should also not cost a bundle, either.

TIA for your suggestions.

I've been quite pleased with our Dell 5110cn.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore
Old December 8th 07, 10:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Benwa

The 5110cn is a decent printer,but twice the price of the Brother and not
wireless,as the poster wished.The Brother is wireless.
"John Beardmore" wrote in message
In message , SC
writes

Old December 10th 07, 06:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Beardmore

In message , Benwa
writes

The 5110cn is a decent printer,but twice the price of the Brother and not
wireless,as the poster wished.The Brother is wireless.

Good point. The 5110cn may have lower running costs. Any independent
data out there ?

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore
Old December 13th 07, 11:43 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
cman1

I just recently purchased the brother 9840 and am very pleased with it.
I looked at the Dell 5110c as well but found it was too expensive for my
budget. the nicest thing about the 5110cn is the cost of the black
toner cartridges which sell for less than $100 ea. and yield an amazing
18,000 pages. the color cartridges on the other hand are outrageously
priced for the Dell.

the brother high yield are average priced for both color and BW but not
cheap.

the Brother software is really works great as well. allowing you to
actually scan from any PC on your network.

Old December 19th 07, 02:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Beardmore

In message , cman1
writes

I just recently purchased the brother 9840 and am very pleased with it.
I looked at the Dell 5110c as well but found it was too expensive for my
budget. the nicest thing about the 5110cn is the cost of the black
toner cartridges which sell for less than $100 ea. and yield an amazing
18,000 pages.

Looks as if our standard black is heading for a life of about 10,000.

the color cartridges on the other hand are outrageously
priced for the Dell.

Possibly, but even though we print a lot of colour photos in our
reports, the standard cartridges that shipped with the machine are on
80%, 60% and 80%. I suppose allowing for the pages that go though as
black only, this still indicates a provisional life of 12,000 sheets. I
can 't remember how that compares to Dells claims, but it doesn't seem
too bad.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore

recommend laser ml Printers 1 September 28th 07 02:05 PM
Pls recommend b&w laser for accounting group [email protected] Printers 1 August 10th 06 01:44 AM
recommend workhorse color laser printer jamesd Printers 2 May 12th 06 09:10 AM
recommend a laser color printer? Maximus Printers 2 February 5th 05 06:20 PM
Laser printer recommend? [email protected] Printers 0 October 4th 04 08:10 PM