dual desktop.

Old April 28th 05, 07:49 AM
radioactiveman

Default dual desktop.

running windows xp and need dual desktop. will millennium g450 work? i
want 2 monitors to show 1 desktop. is that called dual desktop?
thanks.

Old April 28th 05, 01:34 PM
Stephen Howard

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 06:49:48 GMT, radioactiveman
wrote:

running windows xp and need dual desktop. will millennium g450 work? i
want 2 monitors to show 1 desktop. is that called dual desktop?
thanks.

It's called 'cloning' - whereby what you see on the primary or main
monitor is what you see on the other ( secondary )
The G450 does this ( it's what I'm using right now ).
Ensure that you untick 'extend my desktop onto this monitor' or you'll
'lose' the mouse cursor.

Having said that, I've never been able to get the second monitor to
run at anything more than the default 60hz refresh rate on W98SE - or
at least not so that it retains its custom refresh rate after using
the hotkey to switch it on and off.

Dos boxes make it throw a wobbly too!

I have a feeling that XP handles it rather better.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old April 28th 05, 01:37 PM
Larc

wrote:

| running windows xp and need dual desktop. will millennium g450 work? i
| want 2 monitors to show 1 desktop. is that called dual desktop?
| thanks.

"Dual desktop" just means displaying a desktop on two monitors at the
same time. The "clone" mode will do what you want, and the G450 can
handle it with no problems. Display should be the same on both
desktops, although you may not be able to use the same resolution for
both monitors. The "stretch" mode will expand the main desktop onto
the second monitor in the direction you choose.

Larc