A matrox without 3D-Support?

Old November 17th 03, 05:55 PM
Marco Herrn

Default A matrox without 3D-Support?

Hi,

I have a Matrox card, but I don't know which one exactly (I bought it
second hand). Now I can't get GLX working under Linux with it. Is it
possible that there are Matrox cards that aren't 3D-capable?

And how can I find out which card exactly I have? I found the following
information on the card itself:

Rev Z02C MT00770
MG4+M4A16DG

On each chip the following printed:

Hyundai
HY57V161610D
9943A TC6

And somewhere else on the card:

Matrox
846-0201 REV

Can someone give me a little help?

Bye
Marco

--
Marco Herrn
(GnuPG/PGP-signed and crypted mail preferred)

Old November 17th 03, 06:32 PM
Richard Hopkins

"Marco Herrn" wrote in message
I have a Matrox card, but I don't know which one exactly (I
bought it second hand). Now I can't get GLX working under
Linux with it. Is it possible that there are Matrox cards that
aren't 3D-capable?

Lol! Well, there are some people who would say that Matrox have been making
cards with no 3D capability for several years, but that's more cruel than
factual. ;-)

And how can I find out which card exactly I have?

You have a 16MB G400 DualHead. These cards are theoretically DX6 (or is it
7?) compatible, and should do rudimentary GL stuff in Linux.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Out with the old & in with the new at www.dabsxchange.com