nVidia Drivers and CPU Utilization

Old November 9th 04, 01:30 AM

Default nVidia Drivers and CPU Utilization

ASUS A7N8X-E
Barton Mobile XP2600 at 2200MHz
Kingmax MPXC22D PC-3200 2x512 MB
WinXP SP1

Hi Folks,

I started putting together the above system, and after installing the
nVidia nForce drivers from the CD, PERFMON showed an erratic CPU
utilization of about 2% to 5%, for about 5 seconds every about 12 seconds.
Before installing the driver, it was a steady 0%. I'd like to know if
this is normal for the above MOBO and drivers, or if there is something
wrong somewhere.

If you never looked at this, click start, run, enter 'perfmon', and you'll
see a pretty graph showing CPU, Memory, and HDD utilization. The green
line is the CPU. I'd very much appreciate knowing what you find out. Oh
yes, all aplications should be turned off when you check this.

I also see occasional spikes of memory usage, going from 20% to 100%. They
tend to be more pronounced right after rebooting, and settle down and
gradually stop after maybe 15 minutes.

Do you know if any of the above is something I should try to do something
about? Or is it normal and can I just forget about it?

Thank you for any and all input!

Old November 9th 04, 08:53 AM

Peregrin wrote:

[...]

I have the Same MB, with 2x PC2700 Corsair sticks, XP2000 and W2K

I get a spike every 10secs approx of between 0.4 and 1.4%.

I have been running this MB for many months without a problem so would tend
to say that you should just forget about it :-)

Andy