Want to Build PC for for Gaming, Google Maps, MS Office

Old November 12th 05, 02:38 AM
Mike

Default Want to Build PC for for Gaming, Google Maps, MS Office

My Dell 8200 PC was four years last month. I want to build a PC this time.
Primary use will be Google Maps and other 3D applications, MS Office and Web
browsing. I've been out of the technology loop for awhile so my
requirements might be dated.

Like to go with a dual core AMD CPU this time. One Gig RAM, 200g sata hdd,
very good 3D video adapter (Google maps not compatible with ATI Rage
Mobility, ATI Xpert, ATI 3D Rage.). Like a case that's easy to open w/ good
access to interior components.

Thanks,

Mike

Old November 12th 05, 04:42 AM
Falco98

first step: fire up NewEgg and just start browsing, and reading reviews.
as you get suggestions from this group and other places, find those
components on newegg, research, compare. add everything to a wish list.
as you start to get an idea of what's out there, the decisions should come
easier to ya.

Old November 12th 05, 11:15 AM
Conor

In article sAcdf.1773$vS4.771@trnddc01, Mike says...
My Dell 8200 PC was four years last month. I want to build a PC this time.
Primary use will be Google Maps and other 3D applications, MS Office and Web
browsing. I've been out of the technology loop for awhile so my
requirements might be dated.

Like to go with a dual core AMD CPU this time. One Gig RAM, 200g sata hdd,
very good 3D video adapter (Google maps not compatible with ATI Rage
Mobility, ATI Xpert, ATI 3D Rage.). Like a case that's easy to open w/ good
access to interior components.

Single core AMD processors are better for gaming than dual core.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.